Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Every Mother should read this to protect her children!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 391 Total Views
Did you know that everyday household products could affect your child’s health? Everyday household products are poisoning us and most importantly our children. We need to change the way we live to PROTECT our children! Here is what I have discovered. Chronic childhood Illness is on a Dramatic rise. 
  • The increase of cancer in children has raised 26% from 1975 to 1998.
  • Autism has doubled in the US from 1966 to 1997.
  • The percent of children with asthma has doubled from 1980 and 1995.
  • Testicular cancer has raised 60% in young men.
 Did you know that everyday products like dawn dish soap and Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo contains harmful toxins that could make you or your children sick? Here is a list of some of the harmful household products: Air freshenersMost air fresheners contain Formaldehyde or Phenol. Formaldehyde is highly toxic. Phenol can cause cold sweats, convulsions, coma and even death. When it comes into contact with your skin it can cause swelling, a burn, peeling skin or for it to even break out into hives.  BleachBleach is very dangerous. It can burn your skin and eyes.  Bleach when mixed with ammonia creates VERY toxic fumes. It can be deadly.  Dishwasher soap/ Dish soapMost dishwasher soap contains a very concentrated amount of chlorine.  This can poison your child. (Just think about all of the times you have done dishes with your child by your side or even let your child help you.) Mold and mildew cleanersThese are products you use to clean the bathtub and other places. These products contain hypochlorite. Hypochlorite will irritate or burn skin and the eyes. It may cause fluid in the lungs. They also contain Formaldehyde with causes nosebleeds, headaches, nausea, dizziness, memory loss and shortness of breath. (This explains a lot to me because when I used to clean the bath tub my nose would bleed.) Laundry soap and other productsMost laundry cleaners contain Sodium or calcium hypocrite which cause skin burns or irritate skin.   There are so many more common household products that contain harmful chemicals it’s hard to list them all. We all need to start using safer products to help protect our family’s future.  If you would like more information on using safer household products contact me. staceyfarstad@yahoo.com  or PM me on cafemom.
by on Mar. 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)