Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight training

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 1:28 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 421 Total Views
Does anyone here do weight training for results? I am big on lifting weights and wondered if anyone does the same. It is what made me toned and help drop the pounds. That and cardio. Just seing what everyone else here does for physical fitness.
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Brady91006
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2007 at 2:43 PM
I'm a big believer of weight training. Before I had Brady and had a lot more time, I lifted at least an hr a day. Now, since I'm only at the gym 4-5 times a week, I try to lift for at least 20-30 min and do less cardio. I try and combine body parts now, since I can't spend as long there-so I'll do back & chest one day,bi's & tri's etc...
gymgirl
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you see the difference in your body by weight training? It helped me lose 60lbs.
cooltwinmom3
by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 1:51 PM
Hi I am new to the group !
I lift weights and do cardio as well.
It has definitley helped me lose weight and tone up.
vamomof2
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 12:22 AM
I do aerobics and weight training with free weights.  I've been doing it for a couple of months now and i'm really enjoying it.  I'm seeing results now and it is keeping me motivated.
Afeefa
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2011 at 3:07 PM

This is MIGHTY old. But I love weights. All women/girls should get on it. IT is the foundation of our healthy bodies. MORE THAN ANYTHING!!! though muscles are the fountain of youth ladies. Keep yourself strong and stretchy you'll be doing great till even your 80s!

lol to answer your qquestion yes I do weights and it delivers! :) Happy lifting.

Kimberlite
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I really feel that weight training has a lot to do with weight-loss and tone! I have lost 45lbs doing P90X and love the lifting part! Muscle burns fat! And it does!! : ) I now love to do Insanity workouts & P90X as well as some running! You can see a lot of my before and afters on Facebook! www.facebook.com/kasidanielson 

wesnpatsmom2011
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Hey Linda! Didn't know you where on here! 

MommyJill87
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM
I do a combo of weights and cardio.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)