Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wauwatosa Police Officer Shot on Duty.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

I am a very bad CafeMommy.  I lurk lately more than I post.

We had an officer shot on duty last night at around 10:30.  My husband was called out with the SWAT team to respond and he didn't get home until after 7am this morning. 

The officer that was shot was responding to a take over robbery, and was shot before she was able to exit her vehicle.  She was taken to a local hospital (the best trauma center in WI) was in surgery for a couple hours and is currently in critical but stable condition.  Dr's are saying that she'll make a full recovery.

Here's the link to our local newspaper.  http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/79201362.html

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
alaurrena
by Group Admin on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Have they arrested everyone in connection with the robbery? On the news last night they said that they were still looking for one, possibly two more people... just wondering  if the police had caught them yet

mroy324
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I've heard differing stories on how many suspects the Police have in custody.  I do know that they have the shooter in custody, but I'm not sure about the other(s) that were involved in the robbery.

I also have heard that the officer involved is doing alright.  She's in quite a bit of pain, but has been up and moving around in the hospital.  Thank goodness she's alright.

Prayers please that she has a full and speedy recovery and that the persons involved receive swift and just punishment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)