Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things to do in Milwaukee

Posted by   + Show Post
This is the place to post any ideas of fun things to do with the kids in Milwaukee. Try to add the prices if they cost to get in or do.
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
MaaMee6317
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM

OO I forgot about  Discovery Word, I just went on their site thanks to your post and found that they have free admission Mothers Day and Fathers Day.   (Mothers Day they're having a brunch is any of you ladies are interested!!)

Quoting cbambino:

Don't forget the zoo!  I think we go once a month (we have a zoo pass).
http://www.milwaukeezoo.org/hours_fees.html 

They have the family free days listed and it's cheaper any time if you are a county resident.

Also, Discovery World museum is pricey (16.95 each) but has really awesome aquariums!

http://www.discoveryworld.org/HTMLSite/prices.html

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting

CassandraShoe
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Doesn't the Milwaukee County Zoo also have a free day??? Anyone know anything about that? I also think the Milwaukee Publci Libraries have reading groups and activities that go on there.

***Cassie***tattoo

Ambwi00
by on Jul. 14, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Cool Waters in West Allis is a great place to take the kids to the pool! Toddlers or big kids.  You should get there early though because all the chairs are usually taken in the first hour. They open at 10am. You cant bring your own food or drink but they have a pretty good food stand.

momlet420
by on Jul. 16, 2009 at 2:45 PM

The Art Museum is free on Wednesdays

isis_venomz
by on Aug. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

The Universoul Circus is coming Wednesday September 2-Sunday September 6.

It will be on the Summerfest Grounds.  Tickets for shows during the day are $10.

www.universoulcircus.com

korenakay
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Indian Summer at Summer Fest this weekend!

butterfly on head

Shine826
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I love sharing things with my children from my childhood. Mickey and Minnie are definitely childhood favorites for many people, from many different age groups. They have grown and changed with many of us, so to see them on ice would be a wonderful experience to share with your children, your grandchildren, or a group of friends!

Click on the following link: http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/vjq3md and you can save $4 on tickets when you purchase using the code MOM. (It works on the following performances: Friday, Feb 11 at 7:00 PM, Saturday Feb 12 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM and Sunday Feb 13 at 5:00 PM) Regular ticket prices range from $15-$62.

Disney On Ice presents Mickey & Minnie's Magical Journey.

Coming to the US Cellular Arena in Milwaukee February 10-13, 2011.

Sarastani
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 7:57 AM

The Art Museum is now free only on the FIRST Thursday of every month.  It is free to everyone, not just county residents.  They just recently changed their policy.

kforce
by on Mar. 9, 2011 at 3:48 PM

hi milwaukee moms!  Baby Loves Disco is coming to Milwaukee for the first time on Tuesday 3/12.  It's a kid-friendly, family dance party great for ages to 0-6.   Feel free to message me for more info, or just check out the website: www.babylovesdisco.com

Hope to see you there!!

momof2athome
by on Apr. 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi!  My husband and I just opened a comic book store that I would love for all the families to check out.  It really is an experience to go there.  We have a coloring table for the kids, a tv with superhero movies or shows playing, and a couch for the parents to relax.  We are a family friendly comic book store all around.  Our hours are Mon-Sat 12-8 and Sun 12-5.  The address is 6015 W Forest Home Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53220.  We'd love to see you there!

The website is http://www.mightiestcomics.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN