Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for letting me join your group

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 342 Total Views
Hi, My name is Marti and I live in Lake Waccamaw NC.  I am a retired school teacher.
I have four grandchildren with one on the way. 

I hope that I can get to know each and everyone of you.
Marti
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kalee56
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Hi Marti, nice to meet you. My name is Karen. Is Lake Waccamaw in eastern NC? I wasn't quite sure where it is. I also have 4 grandchildren too. Hope you have a great night!!!
leilaswanson
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:39 PM
Hi! My name is Leila and I live in Iowa but I"m on vacation visiting my twin in Indianna for several days. I have 4 grandchildren and 2 children. My son lives 4 miles south of us with his wife and my two granddaughters and my daughter lives across the street with my 14 and 6 year old grandkids. We have most of the care of them since she left her alcoholic husband last year. She works and goes to college. it gets a little harry at times but we all make do. The love is there and we try to listen a lot. My husband still works as a heavy equipment operator and I am on disability from the hospital. that happened last December so I"m having a time getting used to it.
While I"m gone on vacation I jave Kaylee and Joan keeping an able eye on the site so should you need any questions answered they are around here often and very capable. You"ll love them and their full of humor! Have a good night and welcome! Leila
retiredteacher
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 8:40 AM
Karen, Lake Waccamaw is in Eastern NC.  It is 40 miles from Wilmington.
I live in a swamp..with the alligators all the creatures that come with it.  It is a nice calm place and after being a special ed teacher for 30 years it is all that I need.  I am 3-4 hours away from my grandchildren..so when a need a grammy fix, it does not take me long to get to them.  Bradley, my oldest just had his tonsils out last week and gave his mother a scare last night at 3am, but he is fine this morning and all is well, now all they need is some sleep.

Are you in NC?  What part?
retiredteacher
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 8:46 AM
Leila,

I hope that you have a great visit with your twin grandkids.  You and your husband sound as if you are taking on a lot...God Bless you both and I hope that your daughter finishes school and things continue to improve for her and the children.
I am sure I have a lot of questions about this site for this is my first time on a site like this...and if I do something that I am not suppose to do, please let me know.
Have a great vacation and a safe trip back home..
Marti or as I am better known around here..the alligator whisperer...LOL
Kalee56
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Quoting retiredteacher:

Karen, Lake Waccamaw is in Eastern NC.  It is 40 miles from Wilmington.
I live in a swamp..with the alligators all the creatures that come with it.  It is a nice calm place and after being a special ed teacher for 30 years it is all that I need.  I am 3-4 hours away from my grandchildren..so when a need a grammy fix, it does not take me long to get to them.  Bradley, my oldest just had his tonsils out last week and gave his mother a scare last night at 3am, but he is fine this morning and all is well, now all they need is some sleep.

Are you in NC?  What part?

Hi Marti, wow... in the swamp? I bet that's a great place to live. I hope Bradley gets better soon.

I'm in NC. I live in Monroe. It's about 25 miles east of Charlotte.

retiredteacher
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Thank you Karen, he is a bundle of energy and I am sure that trying to keep him calm for a few more days is going to be the taxing problem, but I am sure he will be fine.
My stepdaughter and her family live in Monroe.  She and her husband teach at Latin.  I know the area well.
Yes I love in a swamp and as I write there is an alligator oh maybe 8 feet long taking a sunbath in the lot next door.  That is why Korkie (my yorkie) and I are in the house. LOL

Kalee56
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Quoting retiredteacher:

Thank you Karen, he is a bundle of energy and I am sure that trying to keep him calm for a few more days is going to be the taxing problem, but I am sure he will be fine.
My stepdaughter and her family live in Monroe.  She and her husband teach at Latin.  I know the area well.
Yes I love in a swamp and as I write there is an alligator oh maybe 8 feet long taking a sunbath in the lot next door.  That is why Korkie (my yorkie) and I are in the house. LOL

Hi Marti, I have heard of Latin. Small world isn't it,lol.
Oh my gosh, the alligator is that close? I would be staying in the house too,lol. The only time I have ever seen one outside of the zoo was a place in Polkton (next to Wadesboro). It was in a small pond on some private land. We would go fishing in it til the gator showed up, then we decided to let him have the pond and we found another fishing hole,lol. 
Hope you have a great day!!!!
grannyHeidi
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Hi Marti
I also live in NC, in Newport close to Morehead City.  What a small world.
retiredteacher
by Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Heidi,
I have spend many a weekend at Morehead City..well at least I use to with my first husband.  We had a little place down there and I usually took the kids there for the summer.  It was like a second home.  So yes it is a small world.

Time to say good night.

leilaswanson
by Group Owner on Jun. 22, 2007 at 5:43 AM
We finally got back from Indiana late last night and I was exhausted! I took a shower and fell into bed! Marti, my sister and I are twins not my grandkids, I probably didn"t state it clear enough earlier. Either that or I was just tooo tired! Ha! I have restless legs, and dystonia with gilliam-barre disease so that trip coming home got me this time. I like to stop often to stretch my legs and use the bathroom but my husband wanted to come straight thru with hardly any stops. Our terrier had to go potty and I told my husband we needed to stop at a reststop but he kept saying lets just go a little further so we did. You guessed it! About 25 miles from home I got peed on so I turned and looked at Dick and he knew he had blown it! Our terrier felt so bad you could tell but all I said to Dick is "I need a shower". I wanted to beat him! Ha! The look on my hubbys face was priceless though! Live and learn I guess! Sometimes after being married 43 years its what we women don"t say that matters! Anyway it was fun in Indiana!

Quoting retiredteacher:

Heidi,
I have spend many a weekend at Morehead City..well at least I use to with my first husband.  We had a little place down there and I usually took the kids there for the summer.  It was like a second home.  So yes it is a small world.

Time to say good night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)