Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What A Day!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:55 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

First of all, I want to say hi to everyone! And I hope you all had a great day. My day was run, run run.... I took my youngest daughter to her school, (she's getting her high school diploma) Then somewhere else she had to do for a program she is in for single mothers. Then this afternoon we had to go to the clinic to see if Ally is alright to have her surgery Aug. 14th. I am so scared for that little girl! I hope she doesn't get sick from now until the surgery date. She has a incomplete pallet. Her lip  was  fixed we had that done when she was 3 months old, in Chicago. That was something when she had that surgery done. She cried & was in alot of pain. There were sleepless nights then. I am helping my daughter raise her daughter, sometimes I get so frustrated with my daughter. (She's 18 and she knows everything, I don't know everything!)OK, I feel better, thank- you Ladies for letting me get this out!  God Bless! ~Joan~

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kalee56
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Hi Joan, boy you did have a busy day. I hope Ally does well with the surgery. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember when my daughters were 18 and thought they knew everything. They still think they do,lol. But I know better.

Take care and hope tomorrow is a not so busy day for you.

carepackage
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 1:58 AM
Hi Joan,
We hope your little granddaughter stays well, has a sucessful surgery and minimal pain and discomfort.  We pray that you and your daughter will be comforted too during this stressful time.  Keep your eyes on the skies because He knows and cares about you.
Kare
retiredteacher
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 7:40 AM
Joan,
God bless you.  I have you, your granddaughter and daughter in my prayers.  The good thing about kids is that they recover faster than us old folks.

At 18 my daughter thought she knew it all...now at 27 she tells me often....how smart I am and that she should have listened to me...she now thinks I hung the moon...what a difference a few years make...

Have  a good restful day today....
Marti
JoanMoreno
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:22 AM
Ladies! For your comments. You made me feel alittle better! Today is a new day! God Bless! ~Joan~
grannyHeidi
by Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 6:18 PM
Hi Joan
you did have a busy day.  Timmy is having surgery on the 22 of August.  He had his palate repaired when he was 10 months old, and did great.  Children do  heal so fast and bounce back.  This surgery is to do a bone graft where a small part of his palate is still separated.  He is 8 now, will be 9 in October.  I know he is going to be scared, so am I, but yet we are all anxious for him to get it done.  He has waited a long time.

keeping your grandaughter in my thoughts and prayers.

Heidi
leilaswanson
by Group Owner on Jul. 26, 2007 at 9:31 PM
its been a terribly busy day here too and from the sounds od some of the posts we're all going tobe praying lots! What better things to do than go to our Lord in prayer, right? My day has been exhausting! I took Stacy to her swimming lesson, Charlie to his detassling job then the round of picking them all up to come home. I feel like a yoyo! Its hard to remember what needs doing next but its better than having nothing to do at all, right? You ladies are so nice and I have really missed talking with you all! HugsLeila
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)