Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family update

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 254 Total Views
Thank you to everyone for your prayers.  Please keep them going.  Today, Stephen was with my husband all day and I got to go to work.  Preston talked to the parole officer and we are going to work with her to tighten up his parole first then work with our Family therapist to get him to see that we are trying to teach him lessons that he will need as a young man once he's grown.  Tonight Stephen came in from his job and gave me a hug and said he loved me and that he had been a pretty bad brat lately.  I agreed with him and told him that I love him too but especially, God loves him more than anyone on this earth can and that he needs to draw closer to him.  We have always raised Stephen in a Christian home and he knows the Lord so I have to turn it over to Him.

Preston went to the doctor today.  They are changing his medication to help him with anxiety and sleep.  They have also ordered an MRI on his knee and he goes to pick up his brace tomorrow.  They are also sending him to the demetologist for a skin condition that has developed on his skin when it is exposed to the sun.  But he does not see the orthopedist until October.  I just hope they can relieve the pain and give him some comfort.

My day was filled with my new job and so I feel like I got to play all day.  That's not really what happened, I worked hard learning new stuff but I am very happy with the work and the people.  It was a respite for me from this past weekend.
We will continue to try anything to help Stephen get through this but have drawn a line at Preston's and my health.  In that we have the support of the parole officer and the therapist so it doesn't feel so lonely.  The Lord will get all of us through in his own way and I have faith in Him.
Goodnight my friends,  I appreciate you all.
Kare

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
retiredteacher
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Kare,
My love and prayers go out to all of you.  I was a special ed teacher for 30 years and I know how challenging all this can be.  I hope you will stick to your guns and not let this affect your health or Preston's health. 

Stephen has a long road ahead of him, but I have no doubt with your love and your support groups that you guys will make it.  God Bless you all.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marti

Kalee56
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Kare, wanted you to know that you, Preston and Stephen are in my thoughts and prayers. How is work going? Take care and God Bless!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)