Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and Just Say Hello

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:32 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
My name is Kitty. I just joined CafeMom today and I thought that out of all the groups I could look at the ones most important for me would be ones where I could connect with other mothers who suffer with mental illness.

I have Bipolar II and anxiety disorders. I only take one medication - Lamictal, but it seems to have stopped working which really is fun . . . Good thing I see my pdoc soon.

Anyway, I have two great kids! I love them so much, but I struggle with what kind of parent I am. I have spent my whole life getting emotionally battered by the people that were supposed to love me . . . So depression plays into my problems more than the hypomania and that taints how I view the world. I just want to be a good parent. I want my children to be happy.

Okay, basically, I'm here to say hello. Maybe connect with other mothers kinda like me to get ideas, tips, support, help . . . and I will, of course, try to do the same.

Also, did anyone have a mixed episode that lasted over 6 months and you didn't know what was wrong with you for those months? For mine, it was very traumatic and am wondering if anyone else went through that too.

Guess that's it!
Kitty  =^..^=
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)