Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting FET for the first time!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! I'm due to start my 1st FET this week and am wondering what to expect. I hope it works this time around :). Have a nice day!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kristieoz
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I've done 2 already.  It is a piece of cake compared to a fresh cycle.  My RE had me take estrogen pills the first time and waited until my endo lining was good then thawed and transferred the embryos.  Afterwards, I used progesterone inserts.  That was it!  The 2nd time I did not use the estrogen and followed my normal cycle.  When I had a good egg on my ovary they gave me a trigger shot to induce ovulation and transferred the embryos a few days later, then progesterone inserts.  Both times were easy, except for the excruciating 2WW and of course the BFN's.  The procedure itself was easy.  I hope it works for you!  How many frozen embryos do you have?  How many are you having transferred?

CafeMom Tickers

boncork
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have 12 5 day blasts left. I transfered 2 on my last cycle. This time we are going with three! I hope it works. I get my schedule later on today. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)