Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLM Newsletter ~ Week of Oct 25, 2009 *graphical*

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

Poll

Question: Do you believe that abortion is ok when the victim is raped?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Not Sure.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

ProLife Mommies Newsletter

Week of October 25, 2009

Happy Halloween

In this article: Jill Stanek Article, YouTube Video, ProLife Poem, Poll of the Week

Victory: Abortion/Obama graphics displayed at liberal bastion Berkeley

Center for Bioethical Reform, Genocide Awareness, abortion, Berkeley 1.jpg

Yesterday was a landmark day for abortion awareness, when the Center for Bio-Ethical Reform was finally able to launch its Genocide Awareness Project at one of America's most liberal universities: University of CA at Berkeley.

In addition to this feat, GAP unveiled a new set of 28 signs "that not only show the truth of abortion, but also highlight the hypocrisy of our current President, who talks about justice but denies it to the most helpless of all," according to an email from CBR's Fletcher Armstrong. Click on all photos and signs to enlarge...

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 9.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 5.jpg

Reported Fletcher:

We had a vigorous protest against us; they chanted "Our body, our choice" for hours on end. It was awesome, because it attracted an enormous amount of attention to the display. While they chanted, we engaged thousands and thousands of students with the images of abortion. Several hundreds wanted to talk about abortion with our crack team of pro-life apologists!

The 1st hurdle was getting a brave student to sponsor GAP, which after years and years CBR finally did in Alberto Gonzalez, president of Berkeley Students for Life.

But the bigger hurdle was the Berkeley administration. I have been copied for months on emails of the hardball legal wrangling between CBR and Berkeley. Berkeley originally forbade CBR from erecting its display at Sproul Plaza, the same Sproul Plaza where only 10 months ago university administrators sponsored a huge event celebrating the inauguration of President Barack Obama...

Sproul Plaza, Berkeley, Obama, Center for Bioethical Reform, Genocide Awareness Project, abortion.jpg

As CBR director Gregg Cunningham wrote on the eve of the GAP unveiling, "We are about to host a very different sort of Obama event on Sproul Plaza. Same audience, same subject, different message."

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 3.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 1.jpg

Reported the Daily Californian on GAP's 1st day:

A pro-life demonstration on Sproul Plaza today featuring graphic photographs of aborted fetuses drew approximately 40 UC Berkeley students in a spontaneous counter-demonstration....

Graduate student Ameer Hasan said during a discussion with event organizer Walter Hoye that an image of an aborted fetus next to a quarter was inappropriate.

"You have a quarter, and the word 'liberty' and 'in God we trust' ... is that a coincidence?" he said. "There's a lot of things that went into the production of that photograph ... It draws emotions, not necessarily logic."

Hasan was speaking of this graphic. Was it illogical... or Hasan?

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 2.jpg

I'm posting more photos of Gap Day 1 at Berkeley below as well as other new Obama/abortion signs. And don't forget to donate to CBR!

Center for Bioethical Reform, Genocide Awareness Project, Barack Obama, abortion, display early.jpg

Center for Bioethical Reform, Genocide Awareness Project, Barack Obama, abortion display close-up.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 4.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 6.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 7.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 8.jpg

Genocide Awareness Project, Center for Bioethical Reform, Barack Obama, Abortion 10.jpg

Through My Eyes

Why would you send me away?
Just stop for a second, and let's pray.
Stop and listen to what God has to say.
Let's just do this everyday.

Yes I would change your life, anew.
But I promise I am just a blessing to you.
Deep in your heart you know it's true.
My love grows deeper everyday, as I grew.

Don't think of me as a burden on your back,
And send me away to pack.
Just so you have some time to relax,
And leave me as a dusty memory on a rack.

I am telling you - I speak no lie.
Afterwards, tears you would cry.
I don't want to say goodbye.
I am too young - too young to die.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090125184139AAgbKCx

by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
WAREIZLILYBUGZ
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM

This is very disturbing (the photos)..but it's life (or death i guess i should say)..it happens everyday!! I'm very glad you posted this..Obama is a sick man

I'm sure his mother never thought he would become president..what if he was aborted?!! these are the questions he needs to ask himself!! I can honestly say that our president is a terrible person..and that's sad )=

Tanna - A 22 year old SAHM to..

Lily-Ann Marie (3yo girl) Chloe Lynn (15mo girl) & Tyson Bentley (2mo boy)

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT EVERYONE THAT IS FOR ABORTION HAS ALREADY BEEN BORN??

IT'S A CHILD, NOT A CHOICE!!!

darkpoetess
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Quoting WAREIZLILYBUGZ:

This is very disturbing (the photos)..but it's life (or death i guess i should say)..it happens everyday!! I'm very glad you posted this..Obama is a sick man

I'm sure his mother never thought he would become president..what if he was aborted?!! these are the questions he needs to ask himself!! I can honestly say that our president is a terrible person..and that's sad )=

They are very distrubing images and I dont always want to resort to showing such graphical images, but this is a very strong statement from jill stanek.  And he is very distrubing person, Obama.

Collage64.jpg picture by darkpoetess7

WAREIZLILYBUGZ
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM

The photos don't bother me personally..other ppl might just be bothered..I believe showing these might help ppl..but others feel differently. I've actually seen all of these.. 

Tanna - A 22 year old SAHM to..

Lily-Ann Marie (3yo girl) Chloe Lynn (15mo girl) & Tyson Bentley (2mo boy)

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT EVERYONE THAT IS FOR ABORTION HAS ALREADY BEEN BORN??

IT'S A CHILD, NOT A CHOICE!!!

ItalianMommy3
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Quoting WAREIZLILYBUGZ:

The photos don't bother me personally..other ppl might just be bothered..I believe showing these might help ppl..but others feel differently. I've actually seen all of these.. 

yeah the pictures are gross but I think more sad ..but its the truth and it should be shown b/c it could inform people.and hopefully slow down or nearly stop abortions
....by the way....about the post/poll. I dont think its a good reason anymore b/c they have plan B now,and you have 3 (72 hours) days to work with.

WAREIZLILYBUGZ
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Quoting ItalianMommy3:

Quoting WAREIZLILYBUGZ:

yeah the pictures are gross but I think more sad ..but its the truth and it should be shown b/c it could inform people.and hopefully slow down or nearly stop abortions
....by the way....about the post/poll. I dont think its a good reason anymore b/c they have plan B now,and you have 3 (72 hours) days to work with.

OMG!! I sooo agree..me and my DH actually were fighting (not recently) about wether or not a woman should be able to have an abortion if she was raped (i say no he said yes) and then i brought up plan b and he agreed with me.. 

diane125
by Diane - Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I read this article from Jill Stanek once and that's when I realized how important the use of these graphic photos are.  I had never heard of Emmet Till, either.  I'm still hesitent about the use of these graphic photos any where that young children might see, like billboards, etc.  However, I fully agree with these rallies at colleges.

A Case for the Use of Graphic Pictures

Wednesday, July 03, 2002

By Jill Stanek

[Note: Jill Stanek is the nurse who exposed the practice of "live-birth abortion" at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois.]

Emmett Till was a 14-year-old black kid from Chicago. In the summer of 1955, Emmett convinced his mom to let him visit relatives in Mississippi.

Although Mrs. Till put Emmett on the train with a warning that things were different for blacks in the South, he had no idea just how different things were until he was beaten and murdered.

His crime? Whistling at and talking to a white girl.

On August 24, while hanging out with his cousins, Emmett was caught in a dare. He had told the other youngsters a white teenager in a picture he carried was his girlfriend back in Chicago. They dared him to go into a small grocery store in Money, Mississippi, owned by the Bryant family and say hello to the white woman working there. Emmett went in, bought some gum with a couple of pennies, and then said, "Bye, Baby" to Carolyn Bryant, the storeowner's wife.
(source: www.bluejeansplace.com/EmmettTillMurderSite.html)

This juvenile prank led to a nightmare come to life. Three days later, two of Bryant’s relatives pulled Emmett from his uncle’s home, stripped him naked, beat him beyond recognition, shot him in the head, and dumped his body into the Tallahatchie River.

I don’t know if I would have had the wherewithal to do what Emmett’s mother did upon receiving her boy in his casket back in Chicago, but her understanding of the situation and ensuing actions helped ignite a movement and change history: Mrs. Till insisted on an open casket and encouraged Jet magazine to publish pictures of her slain, disfigured son.

She said, "After the body arrived I knew I had to look and see and make sure it was Emmett. That was when I decided that I wanted the whole world to see what I had seen. There was no way I could describe what was in that box. No way. And I just wanted the world to see."
(source: www.panopt.com/photogra/withers/fulewtill05.html)

Some 50,000 people viewed Emmett’s mutilated body over the course of three days. And Jet magazine ran the pictures (www.panopt.com/photogra/withers/fulewtill05.html), which, as history unfolded, were later credited with initiating the modern-day Civil Rights movement.

John H. Johnson, publisher of Ebony and Jet magazines, recalls… "There were people on the staff who were squeamish about the photographs. I had reservations, too, but I decided finally that if it happened it was our responsibility to print it and let the world experience man's inhumanity to man."
Colbert I. King, today a columnist for The Washington Post, still remembers the photo he saw in Jet as a youngster. He wrote the following earlier this year: "We got the chance to see what he looked like with his skull crushed in, a bullet in his head, an eye gouged out, and his decomposed body finally freed from the barbed wire they had wrapped around his frame and the 100-pound cotton gin exhaust fan they had wired to his neck to keep him down on the bottom of the Tallahatchie…."
"The issue [of Jet], which went out on sale on September 15, 1955,’ recalled Johnson, "sold out immediately and did as much as any other event to traumatize Black America and prepare the way for the Freedom Movement of the sixties."
(source: ibid.)

I didn’t know Emmett’s story the first time I decided to hold a graphic picture of an aborted baby at a pro-life picket some three years ago.

I had become involved in the Illinois pro-life movement by my experience at Christ Hospital, and although I welcomed anyone’s help, I was a tad squeamish when Joe Scheidler and Pro-Life Action League came to picket with their graphic signs.

But during one particular picket, while I was quietly holding my nongraphic sign next to Joe holding his "Baby Malachi" graphic sign, I began to dwell on that little aborted baby’s picture.

I decided he looked a little older than the aborted baby I had held. I noted his dark hair and beautiful little round head, even though half his face was torn off, and his bodyless head was being held by forceps. I imagined how his hair should have smelled like baby lotion.

Suddenly, Baby Malachi became a real baby to me. And I began to feel ashamed that I was embarrassed about his one and only baby picture, grotesque as it was. I thought, what difference will Baby Malachi’s life and death make if I don’t honor him by showing the world what was done to him?

You can guess that I went over to the pile of signs then and there and picked up my own "Baby Malachi" sign. Ever since, I have purposefully held a graphic aborted baby sign at any picket I’ve attended.

It is indisputable that it was the pictures of Emmett Till’s murdered, mutilated body, and not just his story on its own merit, that sparked another movement not so long ago to stop others like Emmett from being treated as nonpersons.

Did you look at Emmett's picture? If so, with whom did you become angry, the picture-taker or the people who did that to Emmett?

Who would have been happiest had Emmett Till’s pictures not been made public?

http://priestsforlife.org/resources/abortionimages/stanekgraphics.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)