Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLM Newsletter – Month of December, 2011

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

"When a man imposes his will upon another with complete disregard for the others body, it is called rape. When a woman imposes her will upon another with complete disregard for the others body, it is called abortion." ~ Unknown

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Minor getting abortion

What’s New in the Group

Early last month, a mom joined our group and asked for support for an abortion she was planning to have. I was shocked and initially thought that it was a joke and she was a troll trying to start trouble. She wrote that she was still very hesitant, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I had hoped that she was sincere in asking for our help in a desperate situation, and would ultimately realize that abortion is not the answer to her problems. I responded with empathy and as much pertinent information I could. I strongly urged her to reconsider the abortion. Many of our members (and new members) also responded with love, sympathy and pro-life messages.

Sadly, she didn't appreciate it and I can only assume was confused about the type of group we are. However, nothing in this group, from the name, to the description, to the avatar, to the guidelines, to the posts, etc. would make it appear that it is anything other than a 'pro-life' group. So, it is clear that we did not mislead her and we did the right thing.

She left the group and I have no more information. I do not know if she went through with the abortion, but I pray that she didn't. I have deleted her original post, per her request, as well as any mention of her profile name for her privacy. However, I did not delete any of our members' responses.

I really want to point out that I was very pleased with the responses our members gave her. These are the responses that show how compassionate and non-judgemental the majority of pro-lifers are, despite what many pro-choicers try to portray us as. With all my heart, I thank you!

If anyone wants to read these wonderful responses, they are in here:  ~*.*~VENT HERE!! ~*.*~

Interesting Posts

- Pro-Life Nurse Asked to Assist Abortion Told: “You just have to catch the baby’s head. Don’t worry, it’s already dead.”

- A DevastatingTragedy!

- How big a blow was Geron’s bombshell that it is bailing on embryonic stem cell research? BIG.

- 5 Female Celebrities I’m Boycotting – And Why

-Abortion Pill - Fact Not Opinion

**UPDATE 12/7: (Reuters) - The health secretary overruled government scientists and refused to bring the controversial morning-after pill from behind the pharmacy counter and onto drugstore shelves.

Plan B Pill Maker Seeks to Ease Access for Teens

The Food and Drug Administration could decide Wednesday whether to end the age restriction on who can buy the Plan B emergency contraceptive pill without a prescription.

If the agency does so, the contraceptive could be moved from behind the counter into store aisles, enabling teens 16 and younger to buy it without asking a store employee and without a prescription. Currently, only women age 17 and older may purchase Plan B without a prescription.

The FDA is weighing a request from the drug's manufacturer, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., which argues the product should be available in store aisles for all those who need it easily and quickly.

Any loosening of the restriction would likely cause an uproar from conservative groups, which say the drug shouldn't be available without medical oversight or parental involvement.

When Plan B first was approved for sale in 1999 it was by prescription only. The issue of whether to make Plan B available without a prescription for older teens and women sparked years of intense debate before the FDA began to ease the prescription requirement in 2006.

Plan B, which sells for about $50, is designed to be taken up to three days after intercourse. The product contains higher doses of female hormone progestin than birth-control pills to block a potentially fertilized egg from becoming implanted in a woman's uterus.

Teva's Plan B One-Step is a single pill. A similar product that also has both over-the-counter and prescription status based on the purchaser's age—Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s Next Choice—contains two pills taken 12 hours apart.

The drugs are kept behind the counter in pharmacies. Women must ask for them and provide identification showing their age.

If the FDA allows Plan B to be sold over the counter, it also could be sold at general-merchandise and grocery-store aisles along with other family-planning products.

"It gives women a second chance to prevent pregnancy," said Amy Niemann, vice president of Teva Women's Health. "The sooner it's taken the better."

Ms. Niemann said she couldn't comment on discussions the company has had with the FDA on the request to make Plan B One-Step fully available over the counter, but that the company was "very hopeful" its application would be approved by a Wednesday deadline triggered by Teva's request.

As part of its application, Teva submitted a study involving 11-to-16-year-olds, which the company said showed the girls could understand the product label and how to use the drug properly.

Teva sold about $80.3 million of Plan B in 2010, while Watson sold about $89.5 million of its product, according to IMS Health.

Conservative groups such as Concerned Women for America have argued against over-the-counter status for Plan B, saying there would be no medical oversight or parental involvement.

The FDA doesn't comment on pending applications and wouldn't say whether a decision would apply to Watson's product.

Also this week, the FDA is convening a joint meeting of its drug-safety and reproductive-drug advisory panels to discuss the safety of two types of birth-control products, including a patch marketed by a unit of Johnson & Johnson.

The FDA is looking into birth-control pills that contain drospirenone, a type of progestin, saying it "remains concerned" that such pills could raise the risk of blood clots beyond that seen with other birth-control products.

Drospirenone is used in pills including Yaz and Yasmin that are marketed by Bayer AG.

Some drospirenone pills also are available in generic versions. Such pills accounted for at least 15 million of the 78 million U.S. prescriptions written last year for birth-control pills, according to research company IMS Health.

The birth-control patch from J&J, called Ortho Evra, already warns on its label of the possibility that it might increase the risk of blood clots beyond that seen in typical birth-control pills, but studies on the issue have yielded conflicting results. The patch, which users change once a week, contains more estrogen than a typical birth-control pill.

In statements, Bayer said it looked forward to discussing the matter before the panel, and J&J said Ortho Evra "is a unique contraceptive option with a favorable benefit-risk profile."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204903804577078732012532976.html

For more information on how Plan B (Morning After Pill) works as an abortifacient:

Abortion Fact of the Week: Week 10/9-15, 2011

Pro-Life Graphics to Share

Live Action has a number of pro-life graphics that they would like to share. The first one is their newest graphic. You can view/download high quality versions from the Live Action flickr or facebook page.

And there are many more (links above)...

by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Sweet_Faith
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM

I remember her and don't know how she could be confused about what kind of group this is, it's obvious it's a pro-life group and she did ask for advice and help, I don't know about some people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)