Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion in certian situations

Posted by   + Show Post

If the mother is going to die I find abortion an acceptable alternative. What about everyone else? I don't belive it should be an option in any other situation.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Replies (11-15):
diane125
by Diane - Group Owner on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I’m not giving you any type of medical advice or anything like that, and I hope I'm not being presumptuous, but I would like post some anatomy and physiology information that you may already know, but you may not. This information is just an FYI in case you weren’t aware.

A woman has two tubes as well as two ovaries - normally, one ovary adjacent to one tube would located on one side of the uterus, and another set of overy/tube on the opposite side of the uterus. During ovulation (once a month) you normally release an egg from one of these two ovaries, but in your case, it would be from only one functioning ovary. The egg gets released from an ovary and has to travel through the adjacent tube where it can be fertilized. Then the fertilized egg travels further through the tube and ultimately implants in the uterus.

It seems, to me, that the issue of a possible ectopic that the doctor may have been referring to would be from the side of the misshapen ovary since it is not where it's supposed to be, somehow releasing an egg and the egg being fertilized somewhere other than the appropriate spot. If that's the case, it doesn’t seem like it should affect the other side of your reproductive organ. The other tube/ovary should still work normally unless there are problems on both sides. I don’t know your diagnosis, so I'm not sure if there is more than you have explained in this thread, so I could be wrong. You should discuss it some more with your doctor.

I'm also not saying that you don't have anything to worry about. An ectopic is a very serious medical condition. However, you seem so distraught over you're condition and the possibility of losing your fertility from an ectopic. I just wanted to hopefully relieve at least some of your fears by pointing out that if you suffer from an ectopic, it may not affect your 'good side'.

This reminds me of my aunt. She lost a tube from a ruptured ectopic 30+ years ago. The doctors told her that she wouldn’t have any more children after that, but she went on to have a normal pregnancy soon after. Now she has an adorable grandson from the son that she shouldn't have been able to conceive. ((HUGS))

Quoting Raindancerx:

mitzimomof4
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I believe all abortion is murder. God put a baby there for a reason. His will must be respected. This is my opinion.

Raindancerx
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:29 AM

So you are totally cool with the mother and the child dying together even though it could have been prevented?

Quoting mitzimomof4:

I believe all abortion is murder. God put a baby there for a reason. His will must be respected. This is my opinion.

mitzimomof4
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Who are we to understand the mind of God? My faith teaches me He does all things for a reason that might be beyond our ability to understand.

Quoting Raindancerx:

So you are totally cool with the mother and the child dying together even though it could have been prevented?

Quoting mitzimomof4:

Choose Life

Raindancerx
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Well there is also a reason he gave us the means to intervene. If he didn't want us to be able to get rid of cancer he would not have given us the answer. If he did not want us to be able to perform a C-section so that the mother and the child could live rather than both of them dying, he would not have given us the answer to that. If he didn't want us to be able to remove a pregnancy that will kill both the mother and the child he would not have given us the answer to that. If God truly did not want us to intervene in things like that we would not have answers for any of these things.

Quoting mitzimomof4:

Who are we to understand the mind of God? My faith teaches me He does all things for a reason that might be beyond our ability to understand.

Quoting Raindancerx:

Quoting mitzimomof4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)