Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A second trimester fetus miscarried alive inside an intact sac

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 4349 Total Views

I've been wanting to embed this video on here but I just can't find it on youtube or vimeo, etc. and I don't know how to embed it any other way. So I'll just link to it.

I saw this post on facebook a couple of days ago. It's truly fascinating to see, but after the initial amazement, you realize that the baby couldn't have survived much longer :( Really sad.

From the comments that I've read, it seems that the mother miscarried the baby. So, it's a tragic situation for both the baby and the mother/family. (Some comments in another share claim that the mother was in an accident and the mother passed away also.)

I just wish the physicians and nurses had treated the child with little more dignity. Would they have gotten away with handling, poking and showing off a dying adult?

Click the image below to link to the video

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Raindancerx
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This is so sad. I have to admit I was very facinated by how amazing this is to see at first... Then I did realize that they were doing this to a little baby and just don't see why they couldn't have left it alone..

yperez0209
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Last night I was in bed thinking about today. Getting myself ready to visit my angel. My baby passed on a yr and a half ago and I have not been able to go back to the cemetery. Today I have a meeting at the church ( the cemetery belongs to this parish ). And it will be the first time I'm visiting. This image made me cry, brought back what I've been avoiding. But I needed to face this.

How can anyone deny this image is a child??? *** prayers for this baby and mother ***
diane125
by Diane - Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs   So sorry for your loss.

Quoting yperez0209: Last night I was in bed thinking about today. Getting myself ready to visit my angel. My baby passed on a yr and a half ago and I have not been able to go back to the cemetery. Today I have a meeting at the church ( the cemetery belongs to this parish ). And it will be the first time I'm visiting. This image made me cry, brought back what I've been avoiding. But I needed to face this.

How can anyone deny this image is a child??? *** prayers for this baby and mother ***

diane125
by Diane - Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I changed the title from 12-week-old fetus to second trimester fetus. I had originally written 12 weeks because that is what a few different people in the comments wrote. But since I'm not sure, I don't want to say the age. IMO, it is definitely closer to 12 weeks gestation (which is 14wks LMP) than 12 weeks LMP, but it can be a little bit older...a week or two...I just don't know. Gestational age is 2 weeks behind LMP age. Gestational age starts at conception. LMP age starts from the first day of your Last Menstrual Period. Most physicians use the LMP method of dating a pregnancy. So, I'm sure the commenters meant 12 weeks GA, not LMP age. But it can be misrepresented, so I don't want to put out the age unless it's been confirmed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN