Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

free 16 hours of respite care for spouses of deployed Marines!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

Thought I should post this here, too, since I know there are some military moms in this group:

Hey all, I just wanted to spread the word about this program.  It's through the YMCA and it's super easy to sign up for.  You just need a copy of your husbands orders.  If you don't have a copy of your husband's orders, you can contact your FRO, who can help you.  It allows for 16 hours per month (that's 4 whole hours a week!) of quite time while the kids are taken care of at an in home provider or, like my daughter is, at drop in daycare (we go to Kid's Care Club on Winchester).  For more info, contact Blanca Maldonado at 619-521-3055 ext. 3325.  And if you decide to use Kid's Care Club, let them know Aileen told you about the program.  :)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ohgooshie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM

That's great info---I hope some of the ladies look that up =) Thanks so much for sharing =)

Click here for a larger view.Click here for a larger view.

Proud Navy Wife, Mother to 4 BOYS, Cloth Diapering, Breastfeeding, tattooed woman!

marinewife1303
by Group Admin on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM

wow! that's way cool. i want to check into that. thanks! : ) 

bkc-760
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Wow thats great! Is that a new program? In all the times my Hubby was deployed I had never heard of it. Sounds good! 

True_Rapunzel
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM

It's a brand new program that they just started a few weeks ago.  It's brought to us by the same people who do the EFMP program, but it's not for special needs kids. :)  (they have other programs for special needs respite, I'm sure.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)