Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 360 Total Views

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone! My name is Jenn and my husband and I just bought a home here in Temecula. My husband is a Marine and we just moved here about a week ago from Quantico, Va. We have a son named Cody who is 10 months and another baby on the way, due in January. I left behind a wonderful group of friends in VA and I'm hoping to meet many more new friends here. Thanks and hope to talk to you all soon.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinewife1303
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

hi jenn! my name is jaime. my husband is a marine too! you could probably tell though by my screen name. : ) i have 3 kids. mike is 4 1/2, brenden is 2, and hailey is 1. we live in murrieta. close to the 215 and murrieta hot springs. we try to get together at least once a week. i am in desperate need of getting my oldest son out and playing though!!! ; ) he gets so bored. but i can't wait to meet you and your son. ttys!!!

marinewife0917
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Hi Jenn! It's really nice to meet you & I wish I was back @ Quantico, VA. lol. Themecula is a beautiful area and I love it out here, but I think I love CA all together. My husband is a Marine too and we have 3 kids. Hailey (4) Matthew (3) & Christopher (10/mo) I live off of Redhawk and that's right by the intersection of Temecula pkwy, Margarita, and Redhawk. Were renting a house out here, but we might be moving on base some time next month. My husband is deploying at the end of July and he is gone right now for training and will be back next Sun. Were having a July 4th party here at our house and would love it if you and your family could come.  Can't wait to meet you and Cody.

CodysMom808
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:08 PM

We actually live off of RedHawk also! A little bit down from Vail Ranch Park. My husband is deploying in February, right after the baby is born. We debated living on base but since the staff housing wasn't finished being built we just decided to buy. I do wish I was closer to base though! I miss Quantico! Virginia is the only state I've ever lived in so its hard being this far from my family. Let me know if you want to get together sometime.

marinewife1303
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2009 at 7:52 PM

there is actually a playdate posted for thursday at vail ranch park. you should go. that sucks that your hubby is deploying in feb. mine leaves in november for afghan. where is yours going? you'll get used to be away from family. i did anyways. i look at it like this: we get to live in all these different places that i would've never thought of. like we lived in georgia for 2 1/2 years. who would've thought?! i loved it. and i am hoping that we get to go to japan. it would be an awesome experience. how long has your hubby been in? mine has been in for 7 years. well girl, i hope to meet up with you soon.

Thickasgrits760
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Hey Jenn! It's Brandi from VA.

Buy Mary Kay Here...

www.marykay.com/branditurner

BoobahsMama
by Group Admin on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Hey Jen! Welcome to the group, it's lots of fun! My name is Tiffany I live in the Winchester area, I have a five year old son Calvin and  a 8mos old daughter Sarai, hope to meet you soon!

MaryBeth.Love
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi and welcome to the group! My name is Mary and I have a 2 year old daughter and a 6 year old son and another little girl on the way. My husband is in the Marines as well and currently deployed. I am due in October so we are crossing our fingers that he will be back in time for the birth.  I hope you adjust well to this place, I really love California and I have lived all over but this is my favorite home so far! Hope to meet you soon :)

mom2marcus0104
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM

hey Jenn,

My name is Jessica and I live close to you as well! I live in the vail creek community I am the one who posted the playdate for the vail ranch park on Thursday. I just started meeting the girls here and the ones I have met are really cool. My husband is also in the marines we moved here at the end of Feb. It was a little hard to adjust at first because I didn't know anyone but now that I am meeting some of these moms it is getting better. We are going to try to have a playdate at the vail ranch park once a week. Since we are so close if you ever just want to get together let me know.

Ky_Sheehy
by Group Admin on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Hey! My name is Kyleen and I have a 19 month old son and a baby girl due in August. My husband is in the Navy. You'll see that even though you are far from base that there are other military wives a dime a dozen out here. lol Welcome to the group and to temecula! I live off the Winchester Exit just past the Promenade Mall. Hopefully you can make it to a get together soon! Things go pretty well around here and we are usually able to get together at least once a week, if not more! I know you miss your friends is VA, but i tell you these girls are some of the best around! WELCOME!!!welcome

FlanaganGirls
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Hey girl.  I'm Rachel.  I'm 24, married with 2 little girls.  Makayla is 3 and Mylie is 14 months.  We have a great group of moms on here!  I hope to meet you soon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)