Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

turkey snails and pb&j butterflies

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:43 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

This is a quick and easy thing to make for lunch or a snack and the kids just love it!

What you need:
    smoosh bread (preferably sandwich style because its perfectly square) - you know the stuff, subeam, butternut, etc
    turkey lunchmeat
    cheese (american actually works best because its so malleable and the kids dont mind the taste!)
    peanut butter
    jelly

For the butterflies just make a pb&j like normal but cut it into 4 triangles.  2 triangles with the points facing eachother make a butterfly. 
I will often add antennae made from tiny carrot sticks.

For the snails, smoosh the bread flat and lay the cheese on top.  Lay one or two thin pieces of turkey on top.  Starting from the bottom of the bread roll that sucker up.  If it starts to tear or fall apart, hold it firmly in your fist for a moment.  Work it like you would a play dough snake! 
Use a sharp knife to cut this turkey roll up into slices ---think like a coin.  When you lay these circles, spirals, whatever onto the plate with the tiny crust piece positioned just so (the crust it the snails head), they look like snails. 
Sometimes I scatter raisins on the plate around the snails and tell the boys that they are slithering through a rocky garden--they love it and its super fast and easy in a pinch--it also doesn't require much as far as on hand ingredients

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
angelsun5067
by Group Admin on Feb. 26, 2007 at 7:16 PM
my boys are going to love this they love all things bugs and insects..thanks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)