Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about soakers!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

I was wondering if I could use old receiving blankets as soakers and how many layers should Iuse. My sisterinlaw is sending me all on her old ones so I wanted to make some soakers for the pocket diapers that I am making.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Yeah, you can use them. Those used to be the only soakers I had! I used 4 layers per insert and put 2 inserts in each diaper.

Daynara
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I made one this morning with some of the left over fabric that I had from a previous diaper that I made. I used four layers of flannel and one of fleece. It is for the newborn do you think that this is enough or should I add another one when I put the diaper on the baby?

CafeMom Tickers
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I don't know. I didn't start CDing until DS was over a year old =( I suppose you could start out with two and decide whether you need that much based off of how wet they are - or start with one and just keep the baby in an easy to clean spot to be safe.

Quoting Daynara:

I made one this morning with some of the left over fabric that I had from a previous diaper that I made. I used four layers of flannel and one of fleece. It is for the newborn do you think that this is enough or should I add another one when I put the diaper on the baby?

Daynara
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I used ten layers of flannel with a layer of fleece and my two year old went right through it lol. I think that I need something else to go with it.

Any ideas?

CafeMom Tickers
LippyMcTiccy
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM

If you want to use what you have around the house you can add some old towel or washcloths to it. If you don't mind spending some money you can get a package of 8 microfiber towels from the auto dept of Walmart. It will be about $5.00 or so.

Daynara
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Thanks, that is what another mom had said was those microfiber towels. I am going to buy some today. My family said that they are going to get me some of the prefolds from Wal-Mart but they are waiting until it is about time for the baby to get here before they do. I might take those and customize them with the materials that I have left over so that they match the diapers just tohave something to do lol.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)