Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lesson 2 (Spin Off)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:51 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

Do not leave your office chair at your sewing table with a newly climbing 15 month old running around. I left the room & came back in to find my son on the sewing table, holding the drill that I use to remove bad snaps. SCARY!!

Now, I put the chair to its lowest setting & push it under my cutting table, then let it go as high as it can, to wedge it under there. Hopefully that will work for a few months.

PLUMP Diapers- Come join us!  www.cafemom.com/group/PLUMPdiapers
Now stocking on Hyena Cart:  http://hyenacart.com/PLUMPDiapers

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Danotoyou2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:01 AM

I couldn't find the pic I was looking for... which was one my DH took when he was watching the kids. Supposedly he went to the bathroom for 30 seconds, and when he came back, my barely-crawling baby was on top of the dining room table (where I had my sewing stuff set up), and my then-2 year old was playing with scissors. So he snapped a quick picture to document it. After I got home, I discovered baby-hair on the table, so my 2-year-old had enough time to trim some hair from his brother's head... <sigh> Men.

Here's a pic I snapped of my baby crawling in the dishwasher... just as the camera flashed, he whipped a knife out of the washer. LOL

Danell
Mom to my two monsters - Evan (3/31/06) and Andre (8/29/07)
Organizer of CWCB Fabric Co-op

sammiejsmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Little boys are the best!  I am sure I have many stories but I'll share the one from today.  I had picked up a couple very wet outlet covers from the bathtub, that Sammy had thrown in there, and set them on the table.  Sammy grabbed them right away and started running towards a power strip that didn't have all of the covers. 

sybanshee
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Ohh good, sharing of scary stories. I was almost afraid to post about the drill, didn't want to be labeled 'the worst mother ever'...

LOL on the diswasher pic, I have a few of Connor climbing in the dishwasher too.

PLUMP Diapers- Come join us!  www.cafemom.com/group/PLUMPdiapers
Now stocking on Hyena Cart:  http://hyenacart.com/PLUMPDiapers

Danotoyou2
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:56 AM

Found it!

Danell
Mom to my two monsters - Evan (3/31/06) and Andre (8/29/07)
Organizer of CWCB Fabric Co-op

LippyMcTiccy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I guess were all terrible moms. LOL

As I was reading this post, I heard the clink of metal and looked up. My 15 month old had a pair of sewing scissors in her hand! I was sure I had put them far enough away from the edge. I guess Miss Rubber Arms is getting a better reach.

eeyore530
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Quoting LippyMcTiccy:

I guess were all terrible moms. LOL

As I was reading this post, I heard the clink of metal and looked up. My 15 month old had a pair of sewing scissors in her hand! I was sure I had put them far enough away from the edge. I guess Miss Rubber Arms is getting a better reach.

Oh my gosh. My almost one year old (on sunday) gets his size from his daddy, that's for sure. He's nothing but LIMB! When we go out to eat, we have to implement a baby radius so large that we might as well get him his own table!

Daynara
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I was getting ready for supper last night and this entailed cutting the stuff for the salad and shreddingthe cheese for the philly cheese steaks and the bell peppers and onions, I do all that and J cooks the meat for them. But I heard something and looked into the play room which is supposed to be a formal dining room but has carpet so no eating in there and the little folding table and chairs and my three year old is standing on it! jumping to the couch! I about had a heart attach. Also, the thing with the guys I agree, I came home from class one night and Lucian was sitting on the dishwasher and had a knife in each hand!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)