Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper Cuts Advice??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

Feel free to move this if its in the wrong spot admins! :)

Ok, I have a question and would love feedback. I have YET to get into sewing the diapers, I plan to, want to, but i have to admit with everythign I do, I may not get to it.

So here's my question, do diaper makers buy diaper CUTS? Like I have this PUL and some adorable cottons that would be great PUL, do u makers buy these cuts so u dont have to cut it or invest in yards of PUL?

Just curious! Thanks! :)

Amy

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
teacher312
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM

If I buy diaper cuts, they have PUL on them.  I usually buy white PUL and then use my plain fabric with it.

southernlamom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Sorry guess I shoulda specified...lol many are colored PUL. I just don't know if I'll get around to making them ALL into wetbags so some are squares big enough for diaper cuts, so I could sell teh squares or I could sell them as cuts, just not sure :)

~~Amy

Quoting teacher312:

If I buy diaper cuts, they have PUL on them.  I usually buy white PUL and then use my plain fabric with it.

Daynara
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I ordered a diaper cut on ebay and when I got it is was only a big square for a size medium so I would make sure to specify how big the cut is. I do not buy PUL just because it is expensive and I would have to wait on it to get here when I can go and buy fleece and have it immediatly. So I guess it would depend on the person and how big the cut is.

CafeMom Tickers
southernlamom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Thanks! I might just sell some of the PUL as is, cut and the size it is. :)

6under1roof
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:25 PM

ok so i looked up diaper cuts.. these are just single layer squares of fabric meant to cut your diaper shape from? am i understanding that right?

southernlamom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Well I remember when I was looking before they had some like cut and ready to go. Like in the shape of a diaper for you to use in a pocket or all in one, and u sew yourself. Minor cutting might be needed but overall it was supposed to be ready to go. 

But I guess that is all relative on the PATTERN u use...which is why I wonder if I shouldnt just sell them in like 1/2 yard single layer increments...so people can use them how they see fit? 

I just know so many ppl like to buy PUL but dont want to invest in Co ops or what not. I have just a little bit of colored PUL but 10 yards of white. I might sell the white by the yard....but still havent decided! LOL I may get busy one day and make them all wetbags once I get caught up!

Thanks ladies! :)

Quoting 6under1roof:

ok so i looked up diaper cuts.. these are just single layer squares of fabric meant to cut your diaper shape from? am i understanding that right?

6under1roof
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM

where did you buy your white from, if i may ask?

southernlamom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Oh, a PUL co op. Search Yahoo Groups for "PULPurchasePower" Not sure what requirements there are for joining. Its a good price but takes FOREEEEEEEEEEEEVER and a day to get ur fabric. I mean I litearlly paid for the fabric like 4 mos ago and just got it recently!!

Quoting 6under1roof:

where did you buy your white from, if i may ask?

lilchikkis
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 1:51 AM

whnever i buy diaper cuts its big enugh for a size large diaper

i think its 22 inches by 20 or something ike that.

i think selling diaper cuts of PUL its coo, like i hate PUL but maybe i would buy a piece for a wetbag or something without having to buy a whole yard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)