Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my machine is fixed!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:09 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

got the call late yesterday.  Can't wait until afterschool to go and get it!!!

Now stocking... Another Baby Creation 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ArmyMom2oneboy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Yay! That is awesome! On a related note, mine had recently started making a weird sound like it needed oiled or something. Even DH was like, "You really need to oil that thing." I cleaned it out really well and oiled all the parts that the book said to oil, It stopped making the sound long enough for me to complete a cover I was working on, and has started again. It is so loud that DH won't even let me sew. He complains the whole time. I am afraid it is on its last leg. It was given to my mom 16 years ago, never taken out of the box until she gave it to me, less than a year ago!

teacher312
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Take it in for a tune up.  They don't cost a lot...usually less than a hundred, and so worth it!  They can find out if something is wrong and usually get it fixed.  Just cleaning it doesn't always get the pieces of lint from the inside of it. 

Another thing I do it have a can of compressed air.  Every time I have to change or fill the bobbin, I spray out all the fibers/lint inside.

Now stocking... Another Baby Creation 

OliWesMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Isn't that a wonderful feeling!  Mine is fixed too and I didn't have to take it anywhere.  Thanks to some nice mamas on here, I was able to fix it myself.  My SIL gave me a cheap-o machine and I basically just swapped the foot and the bobbin parts, oiled it up and I'm ready to sew!  Yay!  I'm glad you are all fixed!  Now make me a diaper, woman!  :)

Check it out, ya'll!

http://www.hyenacart.com/home2home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)