Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

Hey my names Melissa or Red whichever you can remember! i have five kids and i am looking to start cloth diapering but i need serious help! i would like to make the diapers myself i am handy with a machine i make my own baby shoes and so on! i need help on where to find a pattern, how to make a waterproof cover, and umm anything else i need to know! please if you feel kind walk me through this ! my little mans bum will thank you! lol! oh and we are planning on more children so it will be something to last for hopefully a few years! oh and i posted this by mistake on your siggy site! lol sorry!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MRSnMOTHER
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I was actually about to sign out of Cafemom but saw this so real quick welcome! Click HERE to link you to our Diaper Directory. I am sure other Divas here will give you more info, it is just a pet peeve of mine, I can't by-pass a post with no responses.

Again welcome! 

Concept testers for AnayaBaby will be available 12/8/09 $6 ea. 
  BabySleeves for the month of Dec will be listed at $5

Rik-E
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Welcome! 

Sounds like you should be able to get started making your own dipes pretty easily! Browse through the forums here and you will ffind links to usefull sites and some great tutorials.

Once you have a pattern (most mamas draft thier own or start with the free Rita's Rump downloadable) make one dipe at a time from scrap fabrics and check the fit on your baby. That way you can alter it as you go until you get the pattern just right. Once you get a good fit have fun making cute dipes!

For seperate covers you can use ployester fleece, wool, or PUL 9waterproof diaper making fabric.

HTH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)