Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you kidding me?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

I've been knitting a pair of wool longies for my son for the past couple weeks, and holy cow--I have found THREE knots in the yarn so far, that was just two ends knotted together.. Fabulous.

So for anyone who knits longies, can you give me an idea of where to get/order yarn thats a little better than this? Or is this typical with wool yarn?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
6under1roof
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Oh gosh! that sucks! I have bought I little skien (sp?) of wool yarn, but have barely touched it yet. Where did you buy it from?

eeyore530
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I got it from Michaels' I'm just using fisherman's wool, the only 100% wool yarn I could find locally. Totally ordering online next time, i've heard good things about Merino wool..

Quoting 6under1roof:

Oh gosh! that sucks! I have bought I little skien (sp?) of wool yarn, but have barely touched it yet. Where did you buy it from?

Rik-E
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I get huge skeins of Lion brand fisherman's wool and haven't had that problem. But I have had it in one skein of Paton's wool from JoAnn's Fabrics and a small skein I ordered online - don't remember what brand? But it was not dyed or anything, just a commercial packaged wool yarn.

I think you just run the risk of getting a sucky skein when buying commercial yarns! But unfortunately there is no way I can afford the nice homespun or hand dyed ones you see in online shops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)