Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Minky waterproof?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 1638 Total Views

Okay, well I ordered some Minky.  I know it is really, really soft and all but is it water proof?  So if I use Minky as an inner, do I need PUL as an outer?  Will I still need a diaper cover?  Or can minky be the diaper cover?

by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ttaylor1998
by on Dec. 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Nope, not waterproof.  It is great for inners since it wicks so nicely and super cute for outers.  It will need a cover though.

siggy2 by you.

Looking for Cloth Diapers or other fun items??? 

Click below!  Great items in-stock NOW!

Margarita907
by on Dec. 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Exactly what does "wick" mean? 

6under1roof
by on Dec. 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM

if you dont' mind me asking- how much did you pay per yard? I've been browing some minky tonight and just simply can't decide if I want to spend the money...

My Family!

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Dec. 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Margarita907:

Thanks for the reply.  Exactly what does "wick" mean? 

It pulls moisture away from the skin and into the diaper to keep baby's bum dry - or on diaper outers, it will move moisture onto clothing and make it damp.

Dancesontoes17
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 9:30 AM

She got her minky from my coop and it's $6 a yard and 1000 times softer than the stuff from joann's I love it 

Quoting 6under1roof:

if you dont' mind me asking- how much did you pay per yard? I've been browing some minky tonight and just simply can't decide if I want to spend the money...

DanielleHoevey
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM

My minky wipes repel water, dunno what is up with that.

Check out RBB on hyenacart!

Stocking new items all this month!

Addicted to fabric? Go HERE

Margarita907
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

OOOOh! Definetly have to try it on the  inside.  Thank  you!

Margarita907
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Mine has not arrived yet....I am sooooo excited though.   The mail has been sooooooooo slow here.  I am expecting 3 packages, my daughter is expecting 2, and my hubby is expecting 2.  I see the mailtrucks still delivering mail here and it's 9pm.  I am not exaggerating.  I guess it's because most of us have to order out of state so much.

Oh, the other day I was at this local fabric store(kinda of an upscale one, and usually more expensive)  and saw some minky there....It was $20 a yard!  Just thought I'd tell you that.  I am soooo grateful for the coop, and happy to be a part of it.  I would recommend it to everyone.  I love it!!!! And I'm a grandma who just wanted to make diapers and training pants for grandbabies.  I'm addicted.  Took a few to the neighbor for testers....lol.   She was sooo excited.  She will be getting more as I try new kinds.....and my minky..I hope it gets here today!!

Margarita907
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Get it from the co-op.  I recommend them.  Awsome lady there, you will love her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)