Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Viking 183 and 203...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

Has anyone ever used these machines? I went and tried one out today and I really like them. I am a little worried about the price. The 183 is quiet a bit cheaper and the 203 only has a couple perks over the 183. The biggest perk I think is the dual walking foot. Since I am just begining sewing I don't know if these few things are worth a couple hundred dollars more. Here is a link to the differences if anyone who knows there sewing stuff  could look it over and tell me if the difference are worth $300 more I would greatly appreciate it. http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/US/media/features_benefits/emerald_183_203_FoB_EN.pdf

Do any of you mamas who work with velour find it hard to manage without a dual walking foot? I made wipes for my son last summer and I used mirco fleece and it was a real pain without a DWF.

I know I don't need a machine with all the bells and whistles for diaper making but I would also like to use it for crafting so an abundant amount of stitches is great. Does anyone know of any other machine that I should look in to?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lilchikkis
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM

you should def stick with the vikings!!! great machines!!

i have the lowest of the line, an emerald 116 or 118 one of those hehe and they work great!

i sew with minky and velour and do NOT have a walking foot. you just have to go slow but im pretty sure a walking foot would be great!.

if i had the money i would tottaly go for the higher model  good luck

DanielleHoevey
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I have the 203 and am a very happy customer. I got it at a great price along with the extension table and walking foot and I use my walking foot all the time. I went locally to get mine and am very happy with my purchase.

heydooney
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:55 PM

*droooool*

I have the 118 and I adore my machine but I think I might trade major body organs for one of those. I'd definitely go for the 203, as long as you're not afraid to experiment. Because if you try a function, you'll love it. But if you don't branch out and experiment, simpler is better.

GoddessMychele
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I LOVE my Viking. I have the Emerald 118 and it's been GREAT!!! I used to have a Kenmore, which was fine, but the Viking, mmmm...it's like a dream to sew with! Personally, I would go with the 203 if I were choosing between the two of them and knew that I wanted to do decorative stitching and other things. Several of the women in my sewing classes have had one of the computerized ones and they are really amazing machines! As for the DWF, I don't know exactly what that is. I have a walking foot and it makes sewing with multiple layers super easy!

Whatever you get, enjoy your new machine!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)