Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miikka has a new diaper!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 192 Total Views

I'm really just testing this one out.  I want it to work but don't know if it will.  It is fleece on the inside and has a layer of fleece underneath the print.  It's the first time I've done the topstiching and the elastic casing in the legs rather then stiching it down on the inside.  I wanted to try it and I think it came out ok.  There are parts I need to work on but for my first one, I like it.  I hope it mostly holds everything in.  We will see. I did an extra thick insert for it.  Here are pics.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lilchikkis
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM

it looks great! i would just suggest making your wings a bit onger so it wont have trouble staying on with the touch tape. cant wait to see action shots!

mjimaging
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:15 AM

You can't see it well but I sewed the fabric on the back of the touch tape tabs.  So, they are actually touching each other on the diaper. They extend past the tabs.  I was thinking of maybe trying some side tabs but I like the front ones so I don't know.  I need to get some real touch tape, this is just hook and loop and isn't terribly strong.  Our local stores suck for just about everything.

Quoting lilchikkis:

it looks great! i would just suggest making your wings a bit onger so it wont have trouble staying on with the touch tape. cant wait to see action shots!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)