Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can i buy some aplix?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 1430 Total Views

I just made my first two diapers and am wondering where I can buy some aplix...

also, what is touch tape?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LeanneC
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 7:51 PM

You can buy both aplix and touch tape from nearly any diaper sewing supply etailer... verybaby.com, celticclothwholesale.com, etc...

Aplix is softer and only comes in white (and maybe black?).   It holds fine for a newborn, but my son started pulling it off around 5-6 months because it just doesn't have a very strong hold.

Touch tape comes in many colors and feels more like "velcro"... but it's better quality for high-use applications like diapers.   My son just started pulling this off at 12 months.

If it were me, I'd forgo both and just order some snap pliers.  $30 gets you the pliers and 200 snaps through the notion supply co-op on yahoo.    Snaps are cleaner and last longer than aplix or touch tape... no diaper chains in the dryer and baby can't undo them until much older. 

onlyjamesgirl
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 8:08 PM

thanks, i was thinking about the pliers but wasn't sure if i wanted to deal with teh snaps. i hate hate hate snaps. but i know what you're saying that they just pull them off when they learn how to...so maybe i should just bite teh bullet and get some snap pliers...ugh...

lilchikkis
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM

i love touch tape, my fave diaper is from oliwesmom and it has touchtape on it and my son is 2 yrs old never pull it off, he is very wel disciplined :)

OliWesMom
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM

i prefer touch tape for the cost and the strength over applix.  60 cents/yard.  I get mine at www.verybaby.com or www.kidsinthegarden.com.

momoftatertots
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I have to use TT now becuase i have a hard time snaping diapers. I get mine form kidsinthegarden.com its cheap and easy to use.

CntryGrl77
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I ordered my snap press from KAMsnaps and got a 1000 snaps free and free shipping too. hth

onlyjamesgirl
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM

what does "hth" mean? thats the 2nd time ive seen someone say that. i don't know all these abbreviations! haha

i ordered my pliers last night from KAMsnaps. I got 100 free snaps and free shipping.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Mar. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Quoting onlyjamesgirl:

what does "hth" mean? thats the 2nd time ive seen someone say that. i don't know all these abbreviations! haha

i ordered my pliers last night from KAMsnaps. I got 100 free snaps and free shipping.

HTH = Hope That Helps

JSWM
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I get mine from kidsinthegarden. . .the loop side doesn't fray as much as the stuff from very baby. . .just my personal preference!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)