• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

flats, prefolds, contours, or fitteds for newborn?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

Hey there ladies. I've been without my sewing machine for a while (getting it involves a drive with a toddler and 24' sailboat 3/4 of the way across the country, so it will happen soon but I'm not looking forward to it). However, I'm due in October and want to make some dipes for the pending new arrival. I started CDing my first at around 5 months and making dipes shortly after that. So I have lots for that size and am just wondering what works best for a newborn. I like the trimness of contours, and they're so easy to whip out, esp. with scraps, but how do they hold up for BF babes? I will be making my own covers and maybe getting a bummis or two. I have some flats Swaddlebees makes that I think are hemp terry or something along those lines. They were awesome, but lost a lot of there fluffyness eventually. But thinking of making contours or flats or prefolds out of that hemp terry (velour? you know the stuff...). Suggestions? What worked best for you?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lilchikkis
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM

if it was for my child i would be making contours with elastic at the legs only to help with poo catching

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Apr. 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Quoting lilchikkis:

if it was for my child i would be making contours with elastic at the legs only to help with poo catching

Sounds like the best option to me, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)