Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I need a pattern/suggestion for pull-up style diaper

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

My 4 year old son still needs a "pull-up" just at night and flat out refuses to wear a "diaper".  So I need some ideas/suggestions on how to make a cloth "pull-up".  It needs to look like underware (or close to it) but have more absorbancy.  Most nights he wakes up dry but on those deep sleep nights it needs to be able to hold a fair amount.  Any suggestions?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM

I adore this pattern: Tinkle Time Trainer

It costs $7.95, comes in several different sizes, and can be used to make trainers, underwear, swimwear, etc. Definitely worth getting! There are a few free patterns linked here, though:

http://thismomsews.wordpress.com/2007/04/22/training-pants-patterns/

ETA: Also, you could just add absorbency to a few pairs of underwear he already has. Just add a contoured shape (similar to mama cloth) from a few layers of absorbent fabric into the crotch - make sure there's plenty of coverage in the front, though.

lilchikkis
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:41 AM

i love the TTT also!!

but lately i have found that making  fleece soakers with a sewn in soaker pad works great for my 5 yr old.

alexmom07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:41 AM

This!

Quoting lilchikkis:

but lately i have found that making  fleece soakers with a sewn in soaker pad works great for my 5 yr old.

Misty ~ mommy to Alex and Katie!

I'm a breast feeding, cloth diapering, recycling, nursing student that loves to sew and spend time with my family. 

firewidow
by on May. 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Love the pattern...I think it might work!  Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)