For those of you interested in knowing, I am going to attempt to explain how to do this. I suck at explaining things so I will do my best.
- Get your Prefold (this is an infant sized indian prefold 4x8x4)
- Get whatever Diaper pattern that you use ( this will be your guide for cutting. I fold my prefold in half.
I line the front panel of the diaper pattern with the bottom of the prefold, from there I trace the contour of the pattern. (I used the Darling Diaper Newborn Orange pattern.
* Obviously you don't have to use a pattern cut out to determine your cut, I do it for balance and this way I don't have to measure or guess*
- I cut where I have traced, making the prefold look like this
- Once the prefold is cut the sides are open, I use that opening to insert the elastic. You can blind stitch or tack and encase (whatever your preference) I chose to tack and encase because for me repairing elastic is easier, that and I don't get the marks on my baby's thighs.
- After you have added elastic to both sides you serge the open edges together. In my case I did not feel like messing with the Serger so I used a tight zig-zag stitch as if I was making a button whole