Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 477 Total Views

how do you use a multi size pattern?

how do you use all the sizes without ruining the original?

usually when its an online pattern i just make several copies and cut the sizes out even though that takes lots of wasted paper thats what i found to work, but how do you use one that its not online?

help!!!

STOCKING  every friday!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeresMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM

could you perhaps scan it and make copies?  Otherwise maybe buy some felt and trace it out to the largest setting and cut down to each size making each into a felt pattern.  Thats the best idea I've got!

lilchikkis
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM

i got felt but how do you trace the smaller cuts out?

Raeann11
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I just tape up paper and they trace the pattern and use that. Then I don't touch the pattern at all. Then I can remake one if it gets ruined.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM

The easiest way? Get some clear vinyl, lay it on top of the pattern, trace and cut. Grocery bags work too but they're a pain in the butt, or if the lines are dark enough, you might be able to see them through a thin cotton fabric to trace.

melyen
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I got pattern fabric from sewsassy.com It's clear so you can trace the pattern onto it. So far it's working great.

lilchikkis
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM

ok so i need to put a paer or whatever on top of the pattern and traced??? i cant see the lines though!! ahhh dont help that im super blind :(

hmm oh well i'l just figure something out then.

thanks guys.

Raeann11
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Get tracing paper. It is thinner. And easy to see thru.

Caydens_momma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:54 PM

trace the largest size then cut it out. cut the pattern down to the next size trace cut it out...an so on til you get to the smallest size. Only problem is you will lose your original pattern.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 24, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Quoting Caydens_momma:

trace the largest size then cut it out. cut the pattern down to the next size trace cut it out...an so on til you get to the smallest size. Only problem is you will lose your original pattern.

This is true, but as long as you make doubles it should be okay. Trace it onto a sturdy fabric or paper and stash those somewhere safe, then just use copies of that to work with. That way if your copies get ruined, you can just make more.

goodlilgirl23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Get some tracing paper/fabric and trace the different sizes off, then you can cut up those and still have an intact original :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)