Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had a diaper that completely flopped???

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

I am due in July with my first and so far, I've made 16 covers, 16 NB petal soakers, and 5 regular soakers, using RRP pattern. But, without the pocket, using petal soakers instead. I am planning to get some more material on Friday (yay memorial day sales!) and making some NB all-in-one diapers. But, now, I'm worried that not one will work when the baby comes! lol... either they'll be too big, too small, not absobant enough, way too thick, etc...

have you ever made a batch of diapers and had them just not work? lol... what did you do?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlelambe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM

bump

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 24, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I stay away from AIOs - take too long to dry. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with diapers not working. Even ones that looked truly awful and didn't quite fit right still did the job.

I donated the AIOs - and several pockets I no longer wanted - to a friend in need. If any are too small, you could donate them to a local charity that deals with pregnant women/children, or even a women's shelter. As for too big? Well, time will easily take care of that!

littlelambe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM

lol...thanks. I was thinking that the AIOs would work for NB cause you wouldn't need as many layers. I may just stick to outers and soakers though.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 24, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I suppose they might work. My AIOs weren't that thick, though - 6 layers of flannel for the soaker. About the same as a NB needs, I think. Still, if you've got plenty of other types you can afford the extra time it takes to dry. I just didn't like it because I can't line dry and hate wasting energy on the dryer!

littlelambe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I plan on line drying and I honestly didn't think of the AIOs giving me problems with line-drying.. .thank you!

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Oh...I don't know how bad they are with line drying. I just meant I personally can't line dry - no clothes line, and probably a rule against them where I live!

littlelambe
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:55 PM

oh... well it makes sense that they would take longer to line-dry anyways.

melyen
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I tried making some that just lay into a PUL cover, after reading that they worked well for some people. They bunched up really bad, so I sewed on tabs and use a snappi now. I made some that didn't fit as long as I would have liked, but fit when I made them.

MRSnMOTHER
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I would go for AI2 diapers not AIO diapers I agree AIO diapaer take forever to dry. Diapers that were too small I gave away, diaper that were too big I just put away for later. I just adjuted my diapers size through trial and error. 

Margarita907
by on May. 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I haven't made a batch, but I made one the other day that looked funny

!!!  Other people liked it, but I didn't.  don't worry, yours will work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)