Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pins

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

Stupid question, but, what kind of pins do you all use?? I have been having lots of trouble w/ my pins lately, they seem to have gone dull all of a sudden, & don't want to poke thru ANYTHING!! I bought some new ones, but don't want to open them if there is some secret diaper making pins I should buy instead. LOL 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Er...DBs mom bought my pins (the sewing machine and a few accessories were a Christmas present) but I've seen them at Joann's...pretty sure they're Dritz. Just basic ones with colorful plastic beads for heads. They bend a little too easily for my liking, but otherwise I've had no problem with them. Make yourself a pin cushion and fill it with sand instead of cotton or polyfil. That'll help keep pins sharp, and the extra weight enables you to pull pins out with only one hand and no worries about the cushion coming with it!

cutiepye228
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM

i really dont use pins unless i really need to and the ones i use are cheap. i mostly just use hair clips. i work with pul almost every time i sew and i hate to have to put extra holes into it if i dont have to. plus i feel like using the hair clips its faster and a lot easier for me. i was in joanns and they were selling them in the pin section. it made me giggle i didnt know other ppl used them too!

MommaTuneses
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Yeah i dont really pin much either. I think these pins came with the machine.

eeyore530
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I just use the cheap pins from walmart. They work fine for me.

sybanshee
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I use the magnetic pin cushion, maybe I should switch back to the other kind.  

lilchikkis
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM

i have 2 kindso f pins one suck so bad they bend easily, the other kind i htink i got at walmart are alot better i like those

but now i use paper clips especially working with pul

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)