Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

competition

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 349 Total Views

Did you girls see the Huggies commercial for their denim looking diaper? I think it's awesome that they have to try to compete with the cuteness of the cloth world. We must be taking away some business.  

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daisymae6
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:39 AM

i know... i laughed  when i  saw their slogan "the coolest you'll look pooping your pants"  because all my cloth diapers are WAY cooler than their denim one. :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I don't watch TV, but I've seen them in stores. I've seen denim/cloth covers to hide the ugliness of disposable diapers too ^.^

MRSnMOTHER
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Yeah cloth is still better LOL (all day, any day). 

Jamaica_Gyal
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Yeah, those are only cute to people who use disposables and never seen a cloth diaper.  I mean....its a PICTURE of denim...it still paper.  YUK!

Rik-E
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

They are just adding to the reasons to use cloth -- now the sposie contains loads of toxic dye which will rub off on your baby's legs when the wet in it.

Rik-E
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Oh, and if you go to thier wqebpage they have this bog ol' "facts" (my ass) section bashing cloth and saying how wonderfulsposies are. *rolls eyes*

Margarita907
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I saw it!  I went to the fabric store the other day, and one of the girls who works there wants to learn to make the cloth diapers.  She wasn't working that day when I took one to show her, but  by the time I left the store, I had to "strangers" asking for my number so that they could tell their daughters about the diapers, and  a request for me to teach a class.  I might do a very basic pocket diaper class.  I have given a few to ladies I know who have had baby showers and plenty to my grandchildren.  Everyone, and I mean everyone loves them.  It's the "In" thing.  (of course I tell everyone  ..."It's all the rage".  LOL.

Daisymae6
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Quoting Rik-E:

Oh, and if you go to thier wqebpage they have this bog ol' "facts" (my ass) section bashing cloth and saying how wonderfulsposies are. *rolls eyes*

i was looking for it but couldn't find a fact page... oh well.

Daisy

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics  myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics 

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Daisymae6:

Quoting Rik-E:

i was looking for it but couldn't find a fact page... oh well.

Quote:

Environmental FAQs: Which has a bigger environmental impact: cloth diapers or disposable diapers?

Some important research on this subject has revealed that there is no significant difference. The results of a two year independent study* concluded that there was not a clearly better or worse diapering choice, when it comes to environmental impact. Results of this study showed that using cloth diapers uses more water, energy and detergents; while disposable diapers contribute more solid waste to landfill.

Environmental FAQs: Have diapers become a problem for our landfills?

While there have been some exaggerated reports on the topic of diapers in landfills, the truth is that disposable diapers account for less than 1.5%1 of the waste placed annually in landfills in the United States. And the makers of HUGGIES® diapers are continually striving to do our part in making that impact less and less. For example since 1995 in our Step 4 sizes, we have removed approximately 16% of the weight from our HUGGIES® Snug and Dry diapers and 19% of the weight from our HUGGIES® Snug and Dry diapers without impacting performance. These less bulky diapers mean more comfort for your little one, while reducing the amount of materials that will eventually go to landfill. And diapers with less bulk mean fewer trucks are needed on a per diaper basis to transport our diapers to the store shelf

The FAQs are loaded with insanity.

Quote:

Environmental FAQs: Are HUGGIES® diapers made with natural materials?

The fluffy absorbent fibers in United States HUGGIES® diapers are made from wood pulp sourced from suppliers who practice sustainable forest management. The makers of HUGGIES® diapers have forward-thinking policies to ensure we source wood pulp from sustainable resources. We are committed to responsible fiber procurement practices and the sustainable use of all natural resources. Our global aim is for all of our wood pulp to come from suppliers that have certified their forests or fiber procurement activities.

Notice they make no mention of the gel - they just say which part of the diaper IS natural. Nice.

Haven't seen anything specifically bashing cloth, though.

Daisymae6
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 4:33 PM

wow... that's all a bunch of horse poo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)