Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wouldn't this ruin the covers?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 484 Total Views

I was looking for more flip diapers and I found this...

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=30851&vid=3448

They're really cute and my mom just got a new embroidery machine but wouldn't it ruin the waterproof cover?

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTuneses
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM

As an educated guess I'd say not really cause it's on the butt. By the time the wetness climbs the soaker up to there it's probly time for a change. IDK though without trying. IT would HAVE to be 100% poly thread

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Quoting MommaTuneses:

As an educated guess I'd say not really cause it's on the butt. By the time the wetness climbs the soaker up to there it's probly time for a change. IDK though without trying. IT would HAVE to be 100% poly thread

Agreed. And there might be a layer of PUL between the embroidery and the inner material.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I use prefolds with these a lot and when my daughter sleeps on her back the back of her prefold gets REALLY wet.

I guess I can try one and see?  I'd hate to ruin one of my covers though!  Maybe I'll try it out on one of my too small covers first. 

Quoting MommaTuneses:

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

MommaTuneses
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Or like PP said just add another layer of PUL

GoddessMychele
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I think there was a recent posting here about this very topic- may have been a different group, I'm not sure. Anyway, I seem to recall them saying that there is an extra layer of PUL added to keep it water proof and to dry it on high heat to seal the holes. 

GoddessMychele
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Okay, I found it. Not exactly the same thing but it seems like it would be the same principle.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/10225/forums/read/11654984/I_did_it_appliqued_diaper

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:58 AM

That was in this group. I was looking for it too. I can never remember which post is which, though!

CMcDougal
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:18 AM
We have one with embroidery on the bum. No extra PUL and we haven't had an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:23 AM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/10225/forums/read/11625645/Applique_on_the_butt

Found it! I even tried searching for applique. The group search function is even more useless than I thought.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Thank you ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)