Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fabric for a wrap baby carrier

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 287 Total Views

Ladies does the fabric have to be a Poly-cotton knit or will a cotton knit suffice for using as a wrap baby carrier? I have been researching different fabrics and was wondering which is the best fabric for this purpose. will the poly-cotton give a better stretch or does it not matter? I really do not want to have to do a finish edge so I need the best fabric that will not fray.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GoddessMychele
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I don't know. The Moby wrap that I have is 100% cotton and is stretchy. It is a little heavier of a material, if that makes sense. I love it! I don't know enough about the properties of the two to know if one is better suited than the other. Hopefully one of the other awesome moms here will know. 

DyerMaker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I used jersey knit 97 cotton 3  lycra and just used pinking shears to trim it. It was no sew. Jersey is great because it is what t shirts are made of.

6under1roof
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

the problem with stretchy materials is that there's more chance of your baby slipping.

Get a cotton woven for safety. Unfortunately, you will have to finish the edge, but for your baby's sake, I would not get a knit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)