Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ruffle legs?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 464 Total Views

so i looked at tutorial of how to do it, but only found one.

would i need to widen my pattern a bit? since like an inch of the fabric would be used for the ruffle?

please and thank you

if you REALLY love me... you could just make a tut for it :D

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I suppose so...I've only done two, both of which I used a serge stitch on rather than T&T so I just let the seam allowance become the ruffle. I'm pretty sure there is a tut around here somewhere. I'll get back to you if/when I find it.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:22 AM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/10225/forums/read/10508268/My_latest_diaper

Okay, not helpful really. Doesn't mention modifying your own pattern. But maybe you can get something out of this: http://www.clothbaby.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126&Itemid=311

While searching I ran into 3 free patterns I'd never heard of...oi...of course I have to try them out, nevermind the fact that DS is technically out of diapers =P

Lexi_TeenMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM

lol thank you lady

i'll have browse around their blog

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

No problem =) I'm sure I can find more but...well, I just hit TWO big stockpiles of patterns and tuts I'd never seen, much less added to the directory...it might be a while ;) Actually, it should probably wait until morning anyway considering I had to really focus to get that second link to make any sense =P ADD + sleep deprivation makes for a very fuzzy brain!

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:27 AM

Ah hah! Got it!

http://www.clothbaby.org/cbpattern.pdf

"Grey line is for ruffled diapers, cut it off if you do elastic casing or any other method"

6under1roof
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I've made a few of the ruffles and I do not widen my pattern at all. The elastic ruffles become the legs, so you don't need to add another strip of elastic.

MRSnMOTHER
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I was going to say I don't widen my pattern niether but I guess it depends on the pattern.

Like Stina said, the elastic makes the fabric ruffle :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM

See, I took that as meaning she'll be putting the elastic 1/2" further in than usual...in which case, seems like you'd want to make up for that by widening the crotch.

MRSnMOTHER
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM

LOL I see that now LMBO!
The way I do my ruffles are different than the TUT. I am not great at explaining things and all of my sewing things are packed away. ..

The key is to keep to the edge of the diaper as close as possible and keep the elastic close to the edge. The pattern I drafted has a wide crotch area so it makes doing the ruffled legs easier.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

See, I took that as meaning she'll be putting the elastic 1/2" further in than usual...in which case, seems like you'd want to make up for that by widening the crotch.

CMcDougal
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:05 PM

I can try to do a tut later?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)