Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

newborn insert question! Help!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 470 Total Views

I am sure this has been posted before, but I can't find anything on it right now. How many layers of terrycloth do you use for a newborn insert? If you were going to mix terry and flannel or french terry, how many layers of each would you use, and what order would you put the layers in? I was thinking of doing 3 layers of terry sandwiched between a layer of french terry or flannel on each side. Would that be enough? Too much? I am so used to doing toddler inserts that I don't want these to be too bulky, and I can't remember how much my boys peed as newborns! TIA!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BJDoubleTrouble
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

MRSnMOTHER
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I could be wrong but that seems like it would be good. newborns normally are not really heavy wetters. depending on the thickness of the Terry would make it bulky KWIM.

BJDoubleTrouble
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Thanks! If anyone else wants to chime in I wouldn't mind. I would love to get a few opinions from people who are more experienced with newborns before I make a bunch. Thanks!

RiversMommy746
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM

All the opinions I have gotten say 3-4 layers of terry and/or microfiber. If you go watch youtube tutorials they have a lot of options for soakers and inserts too. I was told to never put microfiber directly against baby too.

Lexi_TeenMommy
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

i did a few with a layer of microfiber/terry then topped with fleece and bottom was flannel. i know with newborns you change them a LOT so its not like you need a super soaker ya know? the ones i made were nice and not too thick (i'm not due until jan though so i have no testing)

to give you an idea - my toddler had soakers that were 3 layers microfiber and cased in flannel, she didn't leak with those, so i'm none too worried about the nbs being too thin

BJDoubleTrouble
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Ok thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)