Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fizzing diapers?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

Yesterday I was spraying one of my pocket diapers and it started to fizz like someone had put Alka-seltzer in it! It was not like soap bubbles at all, and I strip my diapers once a week because I have terrible detergent right now (just got my Rockin Green in the mail today! Yay!), so I don't think it was soap. Plus, none of my other diapers or wipes have done it before or since. It was so weird! I wonder if something they ate could have caused it. Any ideas?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Spraying with what? Water? I know protein bubbles up quite a bit with agitation, but it isn't really fizzy...it's more like soap bubbles.

The only thing that comes to mind is baking/washing soda. If you used either when washing and sprayed with vinegar any build-up could fizz (this is more likely with baking soda, since it doesn't wash out as well) but I can't see why only one diaper would do it. Odd.

BJDoubleTrouble
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM

It was water. I was spraying the poop off, and the thing started making this loud fizzing noise, and this foamy stuff started coming through the inner layer. It wasn't white like soap bubbles, though, it was like tiny clear bubbles. It was loud! So weird! I don't use baking soda, so it wasn't that. Hmmm.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Spraying with what? Water? I know protein bubbles up quite a bit with agitation, but it isn't really fizzy...it's more like soap bubbles.

The only thing that comes to mind is baking/washing soda. If you used either when washing and sprayed with vinegar any build-up could fizz (this is more likely with baking soda, since it doesn't wash out as well) but I can't see why only one diaper would do it. Odd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)