Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seriously joannes?? **update- such crap!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:16 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 833 Total Views

i was picking up some velours and well i just kinda threw all the colors i wanted into the cart and went to the cutting counter. after she's done cutting the red one she goes "oh by the way this one isn't a velour its dry clean only." then why was it with the velours lady and why did you tell me that AFTER you cut it and after i told you i make DIAPERS? you can't dry clean a diaper, chick. so now i'm stuck with a 14.99 yard of some kind of janky velvet that was with the poly velours. 

ideas for what to do with a yard of velvet? baby clothes/items are not really good candidates for dry clean only, obv. i was thinking a stuffed animal or something for show.. maybe? ugh i don't know. i guess i need to be more attentive to what i'm throwing in my cart. the way they wrap them i could only see the 'wrong' side of the fabric. boo!!! but come on i feel like she could have told me before she cut it.

**so my husband tried to return it- uncut, with the receipt. she sent him away and said nope it has been cut, we can't take it back. once again this was the manager.. should i call corperate or just let it go? because part of me if like whatever, i'll find something to do with it. but another part of my is stubborn and feels like justice should be served!! 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Exclusively breastfeeding, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, pro- (but selectively) vaccinating, anti-CIO, AP, animal loving 22 year old army wife to Jamison and SAHM to Rowan Elizabeth (born September 16th, 2010) and my two furbabies Lily (husky/lab) and Scarlett (doberman)! 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyD88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM

also she made a crack at me by saying 'what, are these for like, night on the town diapers??"

yeah, beotch. feel that and tell me you don't want it on YOUR butt. 

EmilyE2004
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM

boo :-(

flynnr
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Can't you tell them that you don't want it?  I went to a Joann's once and had a bunch of stuff cut from flannel for a baby quilt I was making, but when I saw what I really wanted, they said I didn't have to keep it, they could sell it as remnants.  Not that it matters now :( 

Maybe a stuffed heart pillow for someone for Valentine's Day?

melyen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM

I wouldn't have taken it. I had a lady cut out my yard and aparently she didn't notice the giant sharpy line across it, so I didn't take it. I've had them cut something that I thought was on sale and turned out it wasn't, didn't take it. I can't afford to pay for something just because they put it in the wrong spot or can't pay attention.

cutiepye228
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM

i was at joanns once and she was taking about other ppl returning fabric they didnt want so maybe u can bring ur receipt in and show them u didnt use it. maybe they will take it back. who knows its worth a try.

MRSnMOTHER
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Get Penne Velour when you are at Joanns..that is one that you can use for diapers...and yeah she was being out of line.

Make some throw pillows...

teacher312
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Can't help you, but I would have told the lady...."then I don't want it.  You should have told me that before you cut it."

lilchikkis
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM

this!

my JA people are pretty cool, they always tell me when something i pick up is not on sale before they cut it or whatever or they would tell me the price of it and then asked if i still want it etc. suks you had to pay for something you dont need have you tried returning it?

Quoting teacher312:

Can't help you, but I would have told the lady...."then I don't want it.  You should have told me that before you cut it."

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quoting EmilyD88:

also she made a crack at me by saying 'what, are these for like, night on the town diapers??"

yeah, beotch. feel that and tell me you don't want it on YOUR butt. 

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that.

Throw pillows are the main use I hear of for velvet, but you could also use it to cover a box and make it more decorative. Maybe a keepsake box?

Or: http://www.elizabethchandlerdesigns.com/homemade-velveteen-rabbit/

EmilyD88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM

she was a manager and she told me once its cut i have to pay for it! 

i still haven't used it. i could get like 2 1/2 yards of cotton knit or even more fleece or terry for the price of that crap. but i am kinda wimpy/pushover when it comes to that stuff. maybe i'll make dh go with me, he's a bully :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)