Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Ideas?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

Ok So I am new to sewing and have really only started sewing to do diapers and so I really don't know what i am doing. So my question is.... I have 12 diapers that have "sucky" elastic. I like pocket diapers so I was sewing the elastic in to the seam and then turning the diaper right side out and top stiching around the elastic, not catching it (if that makes sense) and well the elastic was not just bunchy at all. I just kept doing it the same not knowing any different. So I did it differently on my last diaper and it works so much better. SO after all that explanation the question is...... How do I go back and fix the elastic on the diapers that suck.... I have 12. I don't want to have to REMOVE all the top stiching to fix it, I know that would take forever! Thanks for any help.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
6lilpiggies
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM

untack the elastic right where its at not all the topstiching just whats in your way where your elastic is here is a easy way to do elastic it's how i do it

http://diaperdivas.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sticky&action=display&thread=182410

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Do you mean you tacked the elastic in the seam, or sewed down the entire length? If you sewed down the length you'll have to either rip the stitches around it to get it out or leave it where it is, rip just enough stitches to thread a new piece of elastic through, and tack it in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)