Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another question about OS diaper making

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

OK, I'm thinking I want to do the adjustable leg elastic, but I'd like to do the sliding type and not the button type. Mainly cause it's easier plus get more range of adjustability.

So my question is, what's the thing called that you put on the elastic to slide on it. I can't think of what it's called, so can't begin to search for it, lol.

Do any of you ladies have any ideas of what it's called??

TIA :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I believe 'strap adjuster' would be what you're referring to. There are different types - slide lock, ladder tension lock, etc.

ARPdrummer
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

hmm, maybe, still can't find them though :/  I've found cord locks...which have the general idea, just too thick for elastic

6lilpiggies
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM

toggle

6lilpiggies
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM

they make them in dif sizes i've run across them in etsy and hyenia cart i believe search diaper making suplies that's when i find em

ARPdrummer
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM

definitely a cord stopper...haven't found the exact one, but think I've found some that will work at least for now until I find the ones I really want :) thanks

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on May. 22, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Ah...I was thinking along the lines of a bra strap adjuster =P

ARPdrummer
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM

ah, yea not quite that. Though I'm sure that might work, just think having to press down to adjust it and then letting go to lock it in place would hold better on a moving baby

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

6lilpiggies
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:22 PM

:) i'm normally bad at remembering names of stuff but they always seem to pop up maybe i should try it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)