Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations for cloth wipes

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

I just got a serger and wanted to try to make some wipes for a friend of mine who is having her second baby.  I thought about doing flannel on one side with a fun print and something soft on the otherside. I'm not quite sure what to use on the other side though.  I used terry cloth before but it was cheap and the color has faded plus it became rough.  Any suggestions on a nice, soft fabric that will work well as a wipe?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I like flannel and terry cloth or just 2 layers of flannel.  I also have some minky and terry cloth ones.

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:04 PM

My favorites are made with terry cloth from an old towel that was starting to fray. Nice and soft =) I agree that the terry at Joann's is very rough...maybe you could find some softer terry online. The towel terry has to come from somewhere, after all.

MNilsen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Yeah I might have to do a little searching online. I did get the terry cloth from Jo-ann's.  It was fine in the beginng but has definitely gotten rough over the last couple months.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

My favorites are made with terry cloth from an old towel that was starting to fray. Nice and soft =) I agree that the terry at Joann's is very rough...maybe you could find some softer terry online. The towel terry has to come from somewhere, after all.

msnellen82
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM
I made our family cloth out of double flannel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather.pierce
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Cotton velour or cotton microterry--I honestly don't know the difference between them.  I know they'll make great wipes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)