Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fat Quarters

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:20 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

So I realized they make perfect diaper cuts but is it a bad idea to use them for diapers? I'm working on one right now and love how it's turning out but would the fact that they are for quilting make the material less desirable as a diaper? They are super cheap so I love the idea of not buying a yard of fabric and making a ton of diapers for my son that all look the same.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BJDoubleTrouble
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I used a ton of them with no problems. I don't think they are any different than fabric by the yard, just cut smaller for quilters.

MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Ok thank you. I just thought it was awesome to spend between 1 and 2 bucks for fabric.

Bamanna
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM
A fat quarter is just half of a half yard. Same fabrics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Quoting Bamanna:A fat quarter is just half of a half yard. Same fabrics.

I figured it was but was thinking it was different merely because it seems a bit thinner, or at least the one I'm working with does.
lilchikkis
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM

you can use anything absoutely anything as the outside of a diaper, from denim, corduroys,tshirts, to receiving blankets and anything in betweenm fleece, cottons, flannel, anything really.

msnellen82
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:48 AM
If your walmart has a fabric section check it out! I got my daughter a bunch of fat quarters for 75 cent a piece the other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I did this the other day too. Well I bought a bundle. They didn't have a good selection of boyish single ones.

Quoting msnellen82:

If your walmart has a fabric section check it out! I got my daughter a bunch of fat quarters for 75 cent a piece the other day.

MamaSulli2005
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Denim, really? hmmm may have to do that at some point!! I've made one from a tshirt that we both love but it's already getting a bit small.

Quoting lilchikkis:

you can use anything absoutely anything as the outside of a diaper, from denim, corduroys,tshirts, to receiving blankets and anything in betweenm fleece, cottons, flannel, anything really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)