Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaks!!!! HELP... EDITED

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 516 Total Views

i made fitted pocket diapers and inserts with an outter cotton layer next a microfiber later and two layers of bamboo for the center  .....we get leaks almost always in between the legs in the elastic area...shes a very blessed baby in the thigh area so a good fit looks uncomfy for her ...what do i do if anything ....i have to change her diaper and clothes with every change PLEASE HELP i really wanna do cloth diapering only and im getting discouraged with it

COVER PART      PUL LAYER (THE PART U SEE WHEN ON BABY)

NEXT TO THE PUL IS FLANNEL FLEECE (TOUCHES BABY BUM)

INSERT/SOAKER/ETC         COTTON

MICROFIBER

BAMBOO

BAMBOO

MICROFIBER

COTTON 

* THE INSERTS TUCK IN THE POCKET OF THE COVER BETWEEN THE FLANNEL FLEECE AND PUL

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
junkermole
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM

BUMP!

monalisasus
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM
No pul? Dont do cotton outer and make sure ur elastic is poly. thicker fleece or pul for outer. Whats ur inner? Is micro fiber and bamboo the soaker?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junkermole
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:47 AM

oh yes the outer part of the diaper is pul i was describing the inserts ..my bad the miroc fiber bamboo and cotton is the soaker 

junkermole
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM

BUMP!

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Flannel fleece? I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Sunnyspot1118
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Im not sure by flannel fleece either. If its a cotton fleece thats your problem, the cotton is absorbing the fabric through your cover or letting it get out around the legs.

Also with your insert, I would put the bamboo on the ouside, Im asumming the cotton you use on your insert is a regular thin cotton? Bamboo absorbs faster than cotton does especially a smooth type cotton.

monalisasus
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM
This

Quoting Sunnyspot1118:

Im not sure by flannel fleece either. If its a cotton fleece thats your problem, the cotton is absorbing the fabric through your cover or letting it get out around the legs.

Also with your insert, I would put the bamboo on the ouside, Im asumming the cotton you use on your insert is a regular thin cotton? Bamboo absorbs faster than cotton does especially a smooth type cotton.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msnellen82
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM
If its poly fleece like the stuff at joanns and hancock, it might be too thick causing it to wick out the legs. Try laying the soaker in, instead of stuffing them in the pockets and see if that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junkermole
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:07 AM

okay yes the cotton is a thin cotton b/c i dont have a serger and the microfiber was fraying like crazy i put the bamboo in the middle b/c i was told it could "hold" more without leaks and the flannel fleece probably is soaking in the "wet'"  around the legs:( wish i has tested them first i made 22 of em 

junkermole
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:07 AM

what would be a good lining fabric that touches the baby's bum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)