• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diaper pin suggestions?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 370 Total Views

not sure if i can afford snaps/press at this point so i am looking for brands of diaper pins that are SHARP....i had one set from the 60's that was the best, they went through double/triple layered polar fleece like nobody's business.  needless to say i was greatly dissapointed in the gerber pins i purchased from walmart.  when i compared them they were so blunt at the end it was ridiculous and about half as sturdy as the old fashioned pins.  any suggestions on good brands of pins or how to sharpen pins?  thanks in advance!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tfro
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:05 PM

oh and these are for polar fleece covers, not for prefolds :)

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I don't know what brand they were, but I picked some up from Meijer that I really like. Stick them in a bar of soap and they'll slide through the fabric much easier.

monalisasus
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Bar of soap trick works....why not a snappi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tfro
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 1:33 PM

i dont think people are understanding....let me rephrase.  the actual pins are blunt at the end (unlike older pins that are sharp like a needle) so soap does nothing....sliding through the material isnt the problem, poking through it is.  i am not trying to pin a prefold, i am trying to pin a polor fleece cover so a snappi wont work.  obviously a prefold is easy to pin/snappi but some of my polor fleece is very thick and very hard to pin unless i am using a pin from the 60's.  i am looking for advise on a high qaulity pin that is SHARP on the end and not blunt.  does that make sense?

Quoting monalisasus:

Bar of soap trick works....why not a snappi

TaeTaeLove
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM
I've heard good things about ones from craft stores. Or you could try regular safety pins. We do without any problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tfro
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM

wow really?  i have a whole bag of those!  thanks for the info :)

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

I've heard good things about ones from craft stores. Or you could try regular safety pins. We do without any problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)