Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many cloth diapers do you go through a day?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 578 Total Views
I was wondering how many diapers your baby go through a day? My 18 mo old does through about 8 a day, is that normal, cause if he's wet then I feel it on the side of his legs around elastic area, is that normal or my diapers don't hold well?
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jeremmy
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I change every time i feed her. its usually every 2 hours, although she has been starting to space her feedings a bit longer latetly. so an average during the day for us is about 8 too. Than she goes to bed at about 830 and uses 1 diaper all night since she sleeps for about 12 hours straight. It was a higher number when she was a little newborn (shes 4 months now). Sometimes you can get leaking around the legs when your baby has been sleeping for a long time, but its not normal for it to do it every time. is the insert soaked? if it is, he either needs more absorbency or you need to change him more frequently.

Natalka
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM
When he wakes up in the morning insert is soaked, but during the day he's not soaked but I noticed when ever he pees it becomes wet around the legs. Wat could be the problem them it's pul and polyester inner. Could it be the needle to thick that makes holes or the thread I use?
JealousGrrl
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I suppose it's like 8-10.  It just depends on the day.  I use prefolds and covers though so that has never happened unless she peed like a lot.  I don't have any AIOs.  

Jademom07
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM

If the AOI is wicking to the outer layer, you may want to look into adding PUL using the Chelory method.  It will keep the moisture from wicking from the inner to the outer.

Mommymo08
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM

do they have a cotton outer?  that can cause wicking. I make DS's diapers (pocket style) he is 19 m onths and we go through 6-7 a day and one sposie at night (I hate them, but everything else I have tried has given him a rash and i have tried everything!!!) typically I only have to change him every 3 hours and never have leaks, but he loves to poop in a FRESH clean diaper of course!

Natalka
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM
I have pul as outer, I think I will try chelory method, see if that helps. It's weird one night he was soaked the other night he's ok.
ilovemylovey
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Same here for my 20 monther. Unfortunately I've also been using a sposie overnight because in cloth overnight he wakes up with a bright red irritated foreskin and butt. We have hard water and even though I use water softener he gets red.

Quoting Mommymo08:

do they have a cotton outer?  that can cause wicking. I make DS's diapers (pocket style) he is 19 m onths and we go through 6-7 a day and one sposie at night (I hate them, but everything else I have tried has given him a rash and i have tried everything!!!) typically I only have to change him every 3 hours and never have leaks, but he loves to poop in a FRESH clean diaper of course!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM
My 6 month old goes through about 8...when my daughter was 18 months we went through like 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hooraywesay
by on Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM
We use 6 per day at 2 1/2, more like 10-12 per day until she was a year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LondonsMomma84
by on Nov. 24, 2011 at 7:44 PM
4-6. My inserts hold a lot and he stays dry in pockets. No rashes either so he goes 2-5 hours between changes (unless it's poop).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)