Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Joann's and Hobby Lobby

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 521 Total Views
So I'm make my sister her newborn stash. What can you get from those two places that I can make soakers from? I'm making ai2's. Or should I break down and buy OBF? Or Zorb?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Joanns doesn't have much, flannel, birdseye diaper cloth, terry cloth and cotton batting. I would get something better. Even microfiber towels topped with baby safe fabric. I don't have a hobby lobby so I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell1985
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to sams club get the huge pack of microfiber towels and sew flannel on top then make a wipeable cover so she can change the soakers my joanns has babyville which has everything for making clothdiapers even the snaps and colored velcro and a book to help but best bring coupons it gets expensive lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell1985
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Or should i say addictive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to like microfiber...but it wasn't long before I decided it wasn't so great after all. I ended up switching to cotton batting (warm n natural) sandwiched in flannel - sewn as a petal-style soaker. Much better IMO.

Stevied13
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Family dollar also sells the microfiber cloths in a big bag. In the car stuff.

Quoting shell1985:

Go to sams club get the huge pack of microfiber towels and sew flannel on top then make a wipeable cover so she can change the soakers my joanns has babyville which has everything for making clothdiapers even the snaps and colored velcro and a book to help but best bring coupons it gets expensive lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cooknmom1204
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Neither Joannes or HL in my area have OFB or zorb. I would suggest flannel or MF. You can make a lot of soakers from 1 yard and you can usually find sombody in FSOT to let go of just a yard :)

HillaryRenee
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I bought hemp terry and it was the best decision I made with cloth diapering. I spent $25 with shipping and made 15 soakers out of it! To be conservative with it I would just sew a couple of layers in the wet zone. 4 layers would probably be substantial for a NB diaper, and then just top it with some minky or Alova suede cloth... I don't care for flannel it breaks down and gets all pilly nasty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)