Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where can i get cheap PUL fabric?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 3957 Total Views

I want to buy 1 yard for each pattern. HELP please:)

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I've gotten mine from kidsinthegarden.com and diapersewingsupplies.com.   Neither is particularly "cheap"... but then you really don't want "cheap" because that will equal crappy quality.   Of all the products you buy, you DON'T want crappy PUL, it will delaminate faster than anything and all your work and $$ will be down the drain.  

fabric.com also has good PUL, so far as I've heard (?)... and they do free shipping over $28.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Ixrockxpink
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

thanks!!!!

fortressmom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Our hobby lobby has it now for about 14.99/yd.  If you pair it with one of their 40% off coupons, that's really good:)  They have all kinds of diaper making supplies now!

KaterJean
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I order from diapersewingsupplies.com
Stevied13
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I have got all mine at Joann's. I think it was $10/ yd. Haven't had issues with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sama2Mamma
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Got mine at hancock fabric 9.99 a yard with a 40%off coupon on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell1985
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM
I bought mine from diaperswappers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaVJohnson
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM

There is a fabric and notions coop on baby center. You can buy PUL and diaper making supplies for $7.00-$9.50 per yard! It is awesome!!!

Hannahsmommy816
by Diva on Apr. 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM

fabric.com, spend $35 get free shipping :)

perfect01
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I buy mine at Kidsinthegarden.com, diapersewingsupplies.com, joann's (Babyville).  One of the things I finally figured out that saved me some money was to measure the length of my pattern (from front to back) and buy the fabric in multiples of that.  I use a double layer of PUL for my diapers (both inner and outer), but I use plain white for my inner wirpe out layer.  So, I can get 4 O/S diaper outers or inners from a 22" x WOF).  So instead of buying a yard now, I buy either 22", 44" or 66".  Actually, I add an inch to each row so I get some play room in case they cut it crooked.  I always cut mine out so that it stretches side to side (across) instead of up and down.  Need stretch around, not droopy crotch, lol!  I use the 2 mil white PUL for the inside, but don't worry too much about the weight on the outside, since it is waterproof with the inside layer.  When I first started out, I wanted lots of variety, so I bought diaper cuts from kidsinthegarden.com.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)