Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

Can you use fleece fabric with bamboo fabric?  Cotton and fleece?  With cotton on the outside and fleece on the inside...  One more question, what type and size elastic do you use.  I think I order too bid of elastc.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Slightly confused here. I'm assuming by fleece you mean poly? There's also bamboo, cotton, hemp etc fleece; most fleece is polyester though. Those fabrics can certainly be used together, just be sure to prewash natural fibers (the same way the finished product will be washed) to get shrinkage out of the way. If you have an absorbent (cotton) outer the diaper will require a cover. Thick poly fleece will repel moisture rather than wicking; be sure the fleece is thin enough to wick.

Use 1/4" or 3/8" elastic.

jenzachsam
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Yes, and thank you!

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Slightly confused here. I'm assuming by fleece you mean poly? There's also bamboo, cotton, hemp etc fleece; most fleece is polyester though. Those fabrics can certainly be used together, just be sure to prewash natural fibers (the same way the finished product will be washed) to get shrinkage out of the way. If you have an absorbent (cotton) outer the diaper will require a cover. Thick poly fleece will repel moisture rather than wicking; be sure the fleece is thin enough to wick.

Use 1/4" or 3/8" elastic.

Jeremmy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Poly fleece needs to go on the outside because it isnt absorbent. Cotton, bamboo or hemp fleece can be on the inside as an absorbent layer. Most people do not have luck putting cotton on the outside of a diaper, except when its a fitted.

I like 3/8 polybraid elastic for most things, but 1/4 is great for newborn and small diapers. I also like 1/4 for swim diapers because I like them to have an extra good fit to contain any poop that happens.

Hannahsmommy816
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM

i've used fleece on the inside and been fine....you can do cotton outter but sometimes cotton wicks. You could make a fitted out of cotton outter, and fleece inner (if you dont have PUL to put in between).....and i use 3/8 elastic and buy on ebay

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)