Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snap problems

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 385 Total Views
My snaps dont work half the time after I put them on I called Kam and they said it has to be put on thick fabric..what I use them for isnt always thick. Help?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sarita33
by Group Owner on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I had the same problem and ended up having to get a snap press. With the pliers they would work when i put them on, but not after first dry or wash so I would have to repress. So I really don't know because I was doing it through 3 layers but I guess I just couldn't get a tight enough squeeze.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM

idk, i just repress w/my pliers and they're fine!

PoodleMum
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I've always used pliers with just two layers of PUL and never had a problem

xtwistedxlovex
by Jenny on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

What are you using them on that isn't thick? A size down might work better. I use 16s for mama cloth (2 layers flannel, not at all thick) and have had no issues.

Rjohn
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM

When I put a snap on just PUL and thin broadcloth, I cut about 1/8" off the tip of the prong of the cap with nail clippers before using the snap press.  That makes less of a hump for the other side of the snap to go over.

kyuteangl88
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM
I've been having this problem too :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Margarita907
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I usually use a small piece of pul or fabric for reinforcement.  Usually about an inch big, may a little smaller.  It helps alot.  I make alot of baggie and wetbags like that.  Never had problems.  If the fabric is especially thin I cut two little squares.  My snaps stay on great.

CookieCovers
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I have been having this issue also its so annoying but I have to push so hard I want a press not just hand held but I do like the idea of cutting the snap i have broke a few of the top part and it worked so much better 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)